Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 01:00 PM

Default 6-Max Takeover

6-max tables have finally overtaken the 0.5/1 limit at PP! There are hardly any full ring tables now. And of those, few are very soft. The softest full ring tables have an average pot of about 7 to 9 BB's, but now that's impossible. If I play shorthanded, about what average pot size should I look for? Granted that average pot size isn't necessarily a perfect detector of how soft the table is, it also reflects aggression.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: 6-Max Takeover

We seriously need to reconsider renaming "Micro-Limits" to "The Small Stakes Short Handed Bandwagon"

Seriously though, there is nothing better to improve your Full Ring game(not to mention your tolerance for pain) as learning 6-max.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We seriously need to reconsider renaming "Micro-Limits" to "The Small Stakes Short Handed Bandwagon"

Seriously though, there is nothing better to improve your Full Ring game(not to mention your tolerance for pain) as learning 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that there's nothing better to improve your 6-max game as learning full-ring.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:36 PM

you can still find good full ring at .50/1 during peak hours. However i decided to just go with the flow and start six max. The players are pretty bad and i think it is good for your game as it puts you in alot of marginal situations in small pots postflop.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:48 PM

Both types of game are essential to becoming a great player IMO.

However, I think that the addition of these .50/1 6max games are bad for brand new players. I think it's very important that they start out at a full ring table where they can learn the fundamentals of the game at a slower, less aggressive pace.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed these new tables a little myself, but I think new players shouldn't be starting out on them.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:59 PM

I think Jaran was saying the full ring .5/1 games were just fine .. maybe not as juicy as they once were, but still good games

basic idea: you guys bitching are bad players that need supersoft games to suceed

or you can live with slightly worse but still easily beat games at party's lowest level

35%VPIP and 7BB ave isn't a bad game, 6BB isn't horrid either(and most won't be worse than this)