Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Ideas for revenge on a bank?

Dude, take their pens and deposit envolopes all the time. Take tons of their free suckers and stuff! Stick it to the man.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:06 PM

You could try banking at a larger bank. When I opened my account with Washington Mutual a short while ago they told me about check holding for new accounts, but that I could get around it if it were an emergency. I could be wrong, but this sounds like a smalltime rinky-dinky bank that makes its money off of imposing service charges.

Alternatively, you could stop charging more money than you have. It doesn't matter what order they do it in... whatever order they do it in, you still don't have enough in the account to cover it.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:08 PM

ill- seems to me and a lot of others that you want revenge for something that is your doing. Save your revenge for when its truly deserved.

Swede- you are the voice of reason.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:25 PM

this just reminds me of the time me and brother went to the bank, and happened to find out they had switched our accounts over to some other type of account when we turned 18. The plan they switched us to was really [censored] (didnt know we were on it for 3 years). He immediatley starts yelling how he wants to switch banks. And just kept saying that. The bank apologized and switched are accounts over, and gave us a 3 months no charges (like 50-100 bucks).

I have also had similiar stuff to you OP with my bank. I got them to give me 50 bucks for misinforming me 3 times about the waiting period on a check. I hate banks, but seriously they aren't people. best thing to do is just switch banks
Old 12-08-2005, 12:02 AM

OT: Can somebody explain why checks still exist? What's the point? Making payments with signed pieces of paper seems almost primeval.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:11 AM

Ok I work at a bank and sometimes when a large deposit (5k or more) is from out of town ect. can be held for a certain time frame. Also, to add to that, the bank she went to has an option on if they should place a hold. Normally, for long time customers or others with large balances there will not be a hold, however, there are people that work in whats called "back office" and double check the tellers ect. and can place holds on things of that nature. It may not have been a teller hence why they couldnt tell her why it was held. Also, if you have a savings account you should be able to link that account to your checking for overdraft protection. There will prolly be a fee for them doing the transfer to civer your ass but its much much less. Let me know if I can help you in any way.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:34 AM

Change banks.

Banks don't listen to reason, but they do listen to emotion. Next time you try to get them to reduce your charges, start crying.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OT: Can somebody explain why checks still exist? What's the point? Making payments with signed pieces of paper seems almost primeval.

[/ QUOTE ]

How else am I going to pay my landlord?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How else am I going to pay my landlord?

[/ QUOTE ]

drugs, sexual favors, small children.

all acceptable.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:16 AM

The answer is clear, you need to rob this bank.