Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > ISOP

Old 02-07-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Announcement of the site hosting the 1st & Last events

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt I'll be dropping the 1k or any $ there to get a satellite into a tourney with this interface. Uninstall and catch a later event.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to retract my previous statement. I'll just say that it will take some getting used to. I can't speak for cashout issues, but I sure hope that none arise given the large sums of projected payouts.

Walking forward lightly....

-Ryan
Old 02-07-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Granny or somebody???

[ QUOTE ]
The second key question here is the documents one. Could you please email Prima regarding this? They do not just do this regarding credit card issues, but also cashout ones as well. And when they 'ask' you for it, your account is FROZEN until you comply. I would be interested in knowing their response.

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience with RV:

I think I had to send them a copy of a utility bill early on. (Maybe my license, I don't remember, it was a year ago). I know I had to send them a utility bill to change my address.

To "send", I simply scanned and emailed. You don't have to mail or fax.

I have cashed out a fair amount from there (between 10 and 20k) in multiple chunks. It is slow (sometimes up to a week), but I have always gotten my money. Also, I get a form email telling me I may not understand cash out policy every time I cash out. It seems to suggest that the method I am using to cash out is not valid (ala crediting back to a credit card more than you deposited from it (I have never used a CC either way in regards to poker sites)), but then the cash out goes through just fine. That email is like the "your cashout has been proceesed" email to me. Don't get weirded out if you get one of those, just give it another day or so and check your neteller/firepay/whatever you are using.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:14 PM

Why spam?

Just because I am giving others the benifit of what I have found out?

Many players have asked about rake-backs in the past and I just found out about it so I thought that maybe I would share what I have learnt with others.

I promise you I will get no money out of this and feel free to not take my advice but please, don't accuse me of sending spam.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Granny or somebody???

I opened an account with them and all went well until I tried to deposit some money.
Then all hell broke lose.

Seems that their system did not like the idea that I was depositing money from my US CC when my address is in Israel.

The only thing they haven't asked me for yet is an imprint of my teeth.

However, to be fair, it is better this way than for someone to use my CC for their playing.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Structure of the opening event - $25 Rebuys?

Hi,

I signed up to RVP just for the ISOP. I noticed already on their Multi-table tab they have the event up but it says....

ISOP April Final $1000+$100

In the text though it has

"Play your way into the ISOP Grand Championship in March 2006. 1 in 5 from this final win seats. $25+$2.50 rebuy/add-on in the first hour"

My questions,

1. What is this 1 in 5 thing they talk about

2. Are we going to have a $1000 event with $25 rebuys?
Old 02-07-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Structure of the opening event - $25 Rebuys?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

I signed up to RVP just for the ISOP. I noticed already on their Multi-table tab they have the event up but it says....

ISOP April Final $1000+$100

In the text though it has

"Play your way into the ISOP Grand Championship in March 2006. 1 in 5 from this final win seats. $25+$2.50 rebuy/add-on in the first hour"

My questions,

1. What is this 1 in 5 thing they talk about

2. Are we going to have a $1000 event with $25 rebuys?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll look tonight, but my guess is that these are satelites. RV has a ton of satelites for it's "big" tournies. ("Big" here means things as low as $75 and maybe even $50 tournies.) They are probably just starting a promo blitz and kicking of the satelites.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is it that there is an obvious piece of spam here and no one has commented on it yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi folks. To be clear who made this deletion, though my partner agrees with me 100%, I am identifying myself as granny in making this reply.

As you have seen, the post in question has been removed. Let me explain why:

1. While we all know that rakekeback sites are a reality, the mere existence of such sites does not mean that the Poker sites condone them. As a matter of fact, most sites are very clear that rakeback of any form is against the rules.

2. This forum is "paid for" by the sponsors. Links to sites that facilitate rakeback will not be allowed in the ISOP forum. These discussions happen elsewhere on 2+2 and if you want to discuss rakeback, you need to discuss it in the appropriate forum.

3. One of the purposes of this forum will be to allow our community members to sign up directly to the site once the landing pages are in place. This is part of the contract. We would be violating many clauses by allowing links in this forum that direct people off-site to procure a rakeback deal. We would also be violating an unstated good faith agreement we have with the sponsors by allowing this.

4. We will allow people to link to the classified section at twoplustwo as a compromise, but no links that lead off site will be allowed.

I had hoped that we never had to use the moderator feature here, but this is a serious issue. Allowing this would violate the contracts that we have worked so hard to bring to the table. This forum is a commercial forum. That makes it unique in this community. As a matter of fact, once we are completely live, the banners you see in this forum will differ from the banners you see in the rest of the community. The banners here will be reserved for promoting the ISOP sponsors directly. There will be no affiliate banners here and all banners will link directly to the Sponsor's site.

Twoplustwo.com is not running these events; they are simply "selling" advertising space to the ISOP team, who in turn is organizing a tournament series on behalf of this group of poker sites. The moderation in this forum needs to reflect this arrangement.

Now, have fun going to bash me and this post deletion in another forum.
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, I'm guessing that there are no hard feelings on this post deletion now that the business aspect behind the decision has been clarified.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:35 PM

heya,

nice to see that RVP already has the details coming out. in a couple of days they will be launching a landing page in this forum and all of these questions will be answered.

one of the great things about RVP is that they have a phenomenal marketing team and they are taking the base requirements for ISOP events and bringing them to the next level. that's a fancy way of me saying that i am not 100% certain either. they have 4 people working on ISOP and we will all see the results here within a few days.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll look tonight, but my guess is that these are satelites. RV has a ton of satelites for it's "big" tournies. ("Big" here means things as low as $75 and maybe even $50 tournies.) They are probably just starting a promo blitz and kicking of the satelites.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definately not a satelite - its name is the ISOP April Final.

Either I am being really stupid or RVP have just worded it awful
Old 02-08-2005, 11:59 AM

I saw the april final thing, but didn't open it to see if it had rebuys (I seriously doubt it does. If they do and rebuys are $25, look for me to be all in on A LOT of hands in the rebuy period. )

I think the reason they are calling it "April Final" is that they have satelites set up to get into already. I am sure they will have MTT's feeding it, but they also already have a tiered S&G system to feed it.