Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-25-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: OK, these are the hands that may be costing me an extra 2BBs each

call down against all but the most tight-passive.U may be up against 2-pair having 5-8 outs.U may be up another AQ.U may be up against a drinker,bower,pchyco etc.Even if your call is -EV it is a small one and u can consider it an advertising money i.e helps your meta game , image buiding (tough ,no mess around)calling here might save u a lot of $$$ in the future apart from being the right thing to do in this situation
Old 12-26-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: OK, these are the hands that may be costing me an extra 2BBs each time

How bad is this player? I think some consideration to capping is in order. Biggest problem here is that you played the flop passively. I 3 bet flop most times here OOP and only hand on the flop that I would be concerned about would be 7-7.
Villian could be going for the 3 bet to check through a worse queen here. Sounds like the game is tight and I don't see a call with 10-8s preflop to be likely. He could CC with 7-7 or 6-6 (which he got frisky with on the flop). However, in that 20 game q-q and 9-9 are 3 betting preflop and as such he didn't. Other hands to consider are A-A and K-K played slowly preflop. However, with your hand containing an A I would discount this likely hood.

In the heat of battle I would be hard pressed to four bet and would probably just call down.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:16 AM

Correct me if im wrong but i think to call down in this situation you would be 7.5 to 2 if you consider it to be a decision of either calling to the river or folding on the turn after the check-raise. If that is the question that Card Sharp Cook is asking then he is treating the turn just as the river and it is a question of whether he thinks he is beat or not. If he is more than 78% (7.5/9.5) sure he is beat it is my opinion that he should fold, especially being that he does not have a solid read on the CO.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:46 AM

If you're unsure of what to do on the turn, spray it on the flop. A lot of times I spray the flop precisely to prevent myself from having tough turn decisions.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:09 PM

deleted spam