Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 04-04-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Bottom Set in a Multi Way Pot

5/10 PL

I have a somewhat LAG image and have been sitting for a few hours along with all the other prominently involved players in the hand.

Seat 1: Terrible player, calling station, min raises all the time, on his third rebuy. ~$150
Seat 2: Solid, bought in small, ~$500
Seat 3: Hero, ~$1400
Seat 8: Solid but unimaginative, ~$1300

PreFlop: Seat 2 calls 10 in UTG, Hero calls 10 with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in UTG +1, MP1 calls 10, MP2 calls 10, Seat 8 calls 10 on Button, SB folds, Seat 1 minraises to 20 on the BB, all call.

Flop ($125): K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets $10, <font color="red"> </font> UTG raises to $50, <font color="black"> </font> Hero calls $50, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Button calls $50, <font color="red"> </font> BB raises all in to $130 total, <font color="black"> </font> UTG calls $80.

What is my play here? The pot is obviously growing and has prospects to continue doing so. I am fairly sure that I have the best hand with the possibility of being behind to a straight and flush draw. BB villain scares me as he is as likely to have KK here as he is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The pot is at $485.

Should I try to isolate and play against the all in player in order to take down what is already a fairly large pot or should I try to keep one or both of the remaining players in the hand? Thoughts on the flop and possible turn and river lines are appreciated, though notice that a pot-sized raise puts UTG+1 all-in. Results to follow. Thanks,

Levi