Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-12-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Scotty Nguyen on the radio show Sunday night

Whats the over/under on "baby" in a ten minute interview? My buddy set it at 5.5 and I piled on the over. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Catch the show live at 11pm PST at the radio stations website or by podcast on Itunes or your favorite podcast site. Also, all past shows are archived at my site.

If you have any questions you'd like to hear Scotty answer, feel free to post them here. Does anyone remember the details around the time he got heads up with fillmaff and bill asked him if he wanted to make a deal to which Scotty replied, "lets add first and second together and play for it all baby!" Really want to ask him about that but I can't remember if it was a WSOP event or not.

Classic.

Tuco.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Scotty Nguyen on the radio show Sunday night

[ QUOTE ]
. . . the time he got heads up with fillmaff and bill asked him if he wanted to make a deal to which Scotty replied, "lets add first and second together and play for it all baby!"

[/ QUOTE ]
Easily the coolest thing I've heard all week.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:06 AM

It was at the 2001 $5k Omaha Hi/Lo WSOP event.

From the article, :

[ QUOTE ]

A STARTLING OFFER

Holding a $330,000-$205,000 chip lead, Scotty said, "I tell you what. We make the chips even (that is, he was proposing to simply GIVE Hellmuth $62,000 in chips), and we play winner take all."

First prize in this event was $207,580, and second prize was $103,785, and this was the "inverse deal of all inverse deals." Usually poker players near the end of a tournament when the blinds are very high want to reduce their fluctuation. Scotty was boldly proposing to increase his, and he was willing to give Hellmuth some chips to do it.

Phil asked some nearby tournament officials, "If I take this offer, you're not going to object to it?" No one answered. I think everyone was trying to figure out a novel situation.

Hellmuth rubbed his chin and considered, and then got up to walk around and think about it. Maybe 30 seconds passed, and then Scotty said, "You take too long, it was a one-time offer, forget about it."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2005, 02:10 PM

scotty's gotta be the coolest player ever
Old 11-13-2005, 11:47 AM

Where can I listen to this?

jake