Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Pwned by Freddie Deeb, WPT Bellagio ME

ok.
Hand 1:
i dont like the check on the flop.i think its a scarry board,and you should certainly be happy with taking the pot rgiht there.i would make a slighty larger than half the pot size bet here to get more info from his hand.
by you checking behind him ,not only your giving him a free card but you actually have no idea what he has?
im sure your a better player than i am so there must be a reason for your check,so im very interested to know why you checked?
Hand 2:
depends on the stack size but i dont think i could let this hand go at all.but i would not invest any more wither and would just call him down.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1. I play it the same way, fold the river.

Hand 2. Push, if he has a better flush so be it. I think 1 pair and a big heart, or a set are much too likely to give a free card or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going to play 32s, you can't fold when you make a flush.

Everyone is saying Deeb has some fairly big made hand maybe with a heart. I think he could have anything. If he made a flush, he might bet out for value and to protect it against a higher heart. He could also have a pair and no hearts and is representing the flush. If he checks when the heart hits, OP could take the pot away, so he has to show strength.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything you said except for this... don't make these arguments as they don't add anything to the discussion.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything you said except for this... don't make these arguments as they don't add anything to the discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just mean that you can't fold the flush, particularly against a strong tricky player.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Pot is 5300
Turn Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Freddie bets 5000 !!!!
Your move ?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the Plaza tournament, remember Freddy Deeb feared the small bet more than the big bet. However, he did this from players he knew and respected (Flack and Negreanu). I'm gonna guess that Freddy doesn't know you. Also, since you puked and folded that previous hand in this post, he's probably of the opinion that he can push you off of a nice pot with a strong bet.

Adding all this information together, it appears that Deeb could just be potting a scare card. Notice in hand 1 he potted/smaller bet (it appears). Perhaps Semibluff/value bet?

Absent information you get when sitting at a table (I don't mean physical tells, I just mean the subconscious absorption of information that often allows you make the right decision), this seems to me to be a clear push.

What were your instincts telling you? It seems to me, becaise you posted the hand, that your instincts threw up a big red "WTF" flag? I know whenever my gut does that, I need to take my time to think things through before I act.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:42 AM

People saying to bet the flop in hand 1 dont know how to play deepstacked poker, period. I would have played hand 1 the same way you did.

Same thing with hand 2, just get your money in there on the turn.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:44 AM

Pot control is definitely something you want to excersize on hand 1. I think I play it the exact same way- unless I have some specific read that tells me freddy would be bluffing me here.

Hand 2. I would fold preflop, but with deep enough stacks I'd even hear an argument to calling with 29o- and you play well post flop so I'm fine with the call. I like the flop action and on the turn I'm going broke. I don't think he goes bonkers here with a higher flush, combined with the fact that he may have 3 bet all in with a big draw on the flop.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:50 AM

Well, I still push. You have enough chips to make him sweat, and from the sounds of it, he's playing his usual style, which is aggro. The bet here, however, is just so funky. First he bets 700, then he calls your pot size raise, then he just lashes out another pot sized bet when a third heart comes up? Well, judging from your actions thus far, he doesn't think you have two hearts. You have a very, very inconspicuous hand. Chances are he puts you on top pair, with maybe one heart. Sounds like he himself has a strong pair and he's defending against a fourth heart OR is now on a flush draw with a pair. Whatever the case, I see him playing a made flush differently. Like I said, I'd push on the turn.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People saying to bet the flop in hand 1 dont know how to play deepstacked poker, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just mean that you can't fold the flush, particularly against a strong tricky player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know.. but using the logic that you did simply detracts from the argument and makes others think it's okay to use the same logic when playing, which is really bad.