Default Re: PartyPoker: 10 Tabling now permitted

[ QUOTE ]
there are a ton of comparable sites that are nearly as fishy

[/ QUOTE ]

You are joking, right?
Old 10-09-2005, 10:26 AM

Hi Mike

Gonna be easy to find someone for that job now..
Old 10-09-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because it is in the best of their interest. The rake of multitabling winning players does not compensate for the deterioration of the games. Fish get hammered quicker, need more reloads or leave earlier (bust).

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to see real figures on this; I simply don't believe it's true. Fish don't give a [censored] about table selection, and I don't think they're going bust fast enough for this to be a +EV business move.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are two things I'm sure of: Party has crunched the numbers on doing this and found it to be in their best interests, and they'll never show some guy on the internet their calculations.

Seriously, comments like, "Don't they realize what they've done???" are idiotic. Of course they do, and if you think Party hasn't thought about the impact of this move on your segment of the player base, you're fooling yourself.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But why would someone play on party w/out rakeback when there are a ton of comparable sites that are nearly as fish and offer you rakeback. All in all it seems that unless party offers some sort of rakeback, it will be more +EV for a good player to play at other sites

[/ QUOTE ]

At the higher low limits to low midlimits say 5/10-15/30, there is kind of a delicate balance right now. Some of the sites of whic you speak additional players good or bad would be welcome to open new tables and give the fish more places to sit.

However as mass exodus of rakeback refugees, would make some of those sites very unattractive as far as game selection, if they do not sign up a proportional number of fish.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:31 AM

Player numbers at peak hours last night:

Party 37,044
Skins 6,889
Total 43,933

It is clear that Party offering 10-tabling along with affiliate sites now touting that the unmentionable is possible that this is a strategy to get us (high volume players)right back at Party.

It is also clear by the above numbers that high volume players make up about 50% of the action at Party.

My open question to Mr. O'Malley:

Why not offer high volume players an incentive directly to get our play back at Party?
Old 10-09-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you cardroom manager at the Bike? Do you REALLY think that if you took out the top 30% of your players there who put in 60% of the play that you would easily recoup it? So sad for me to see posters I respect using such flawed logic.

Quick question, guys; Why do poker rooms allow consistent winners to continue playing in their room? Obviously, using your logic, they would be better off backing off winners, just like they do in blackjack, since that would allow the fish to swim longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that I no longer work at the Bike or for any other cardroom.

The situation with online poker doesn't easily translate to the B&M environment. If a public cardroom barred players who played extremely well and behaved within norms it would send a message to all that your only welcome to play until you win on a regular basis. That would obviously be a disaster since most losing players know and admire many winning players and hope to win themselves someday.

Although winning poker players don't play against the house, a poker club or room that develops a reputation for the toughest and tightest games simply doesn't do as well (other things being equal) as a club with softer games (an exception may occur at very high limits, where very rich men want the challenge and excitement that only comes with playing against the best).

Losing or weak recreational players may not keep records, but a consistent pattern of losing usually isn't very satisfying and it's hard for most to maintain financially. When these same players play against other loose unskilled players, they win often enough to keep coming back.

Party isn't banning/barring winning players. In my estimation they probably broke of the relationship with the skins in part because they noted that players from most skins were typically tougher, tighter players who multi-table. If they lose revenue in the short run, they project that they will gain it back and then some in the long run by offering better games and more action packed games.

Regards,

Rick
Old 10-09-2005, 11:55 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

[ QUOTE ]
Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

do YOU enjoy what you see in the mirror every morning?
Old 10-09-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Could someone please tell me why we should believe that this guy is actually Mike O'Malley?
Old 10-09-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your phone number so we can call you between the hours of 3AM-7AM like you did to so many of us...

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell us more about this... I didn't receive a call.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The avg 2p2er generates far more $$ in rake than the avg fish. Why would party not see this and protect against us going elsewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

What happens if the fish sit and pass $$ around? It all goes to the house. With winning players, this is not the case. Its pretty simple actually.