Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Interesting 20-40 hand to disect (big pot)

Analysis your hand.

Okay -- Here is my opinion. If the 4 seat player is very good and someone I respect, then I fold jacks here more often than not. I do this particularly because the 20-40 stud online has a very tight structure. You can wait for a better spot.

Once you call 3rd however, fourth street play is perfect. You should raise as you want to charge the most for a flush draw. If the three seat is as solid as you say, that is the most likely hand other than a set.

I like your smooth call after the reraise by the ace on 4th and the reraise ramp on 5th, charging the flush draw the most on the expensive street. (It's just bad luck he hit a straight.)

Now if the 3rd seat is as good as you think and respect, then I actually think you can fold the river. He is not bluffing in a pot this big...he has a five card hand. If he has a set, he should be checking and calling based on the boards and the action.

Seat three played this as I would. I like his call on third, and he even has justification to raise 4th with a four flush and a gut shot straight flush draw. But he obviously respects you and/or doesn't want to knock out other players or he thinks the A8 of clubs might have raiseed with a flush draw, which is bigger than his. He definitely doesn't put you on a rolled up 8s. And he certainly shouldn't put you on a flush draw now making some kind of straight draw raise. I would be really curious to know what this player thinks of you. But I think he has to call to call here. I would even if I put you on three jacks. I know for a fact one of your fills card is about as dead as it can be.

On 5th, I raise again. I have no reason to believe anyone has a straight here. And now you have caught another not so live fill card. On 6th I bet...I bet the river for value. If I get raised...by either seat 3 or Hero...I would evaluate my opinion of them. And would strongly consider folding, unhappily.

Seat 8.

He plays this okay...up until 5th. I would probably fold this hand on 5th, given all my fill cards are gone and the fact that I have to call two bets cold with aces up. I just have to be beat here. I am definitely up against a set at minimum.

If I get stubborn and call to fill...I fold the river...I can't be good.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: I\'d all on 3rd

This structure doesn't warrant this. Even if you are good. No reason to gamble in this game.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This structure doesn't warrant this. Even if you are good. No reason to gamble in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's more to a hand then the size of the ante.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:52 AM

ante dictates action first.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Interesting 20-40 hand to disect (big pot)

Don't have time to go into detail, but here's my take.

A strong case can be made for raising on third, but I see your logic. I like 4th and 5th, but I am betting 6th personally. You obviously are calling so I like betting just in case the DB doesn't have a straight or flush made. If he raises and clears the field that's ok too since you have nice redraw potential. 7th is an easy payoff even though you likely lose.

Jeff
Old 12-15-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ante dictates action first.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was drunk when I wrote that.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:41 PM

you are always drunk.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you are always drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

How else can you find the balls to limp-reraise 3-flushes in a super tight ante game?
Old 12-16-2005, 08:46 PM

LMAO
Old 12-17-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you are always drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

How else can you find the balls to limp-reraise 3-flushes in a super tight ante game?

[/ QUOTE ]

U should see me play STT's.. That's all I'll say.