Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: man...weird hands today 200NL

By c/r'ing you get to see all the strength of your opponents. IMO, it would be difficult for a one pair hand to call you if you c/r. AK maybe. We are the favorite over all one pair hands right now except AK. So getting money in as the favorite when you have alot of info is goot, IMO.

If the turn bricks tho, you need to bet it and that is the disadvantage of c/r'ing. But, if you hit a flush or 3 or A, your hand is well disguised now and you are on the way to doubling up. Also by checking, you can still just c/c depending on the action; and that is why that's what I would do on this flop, just check it, and c/r if that's what my gut said to do.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By c/r'ing you get to see all the strength of your opponents. IMO, it would be difficult for a one pair hand to call you if you c/r. AK maybe. We are the favorite over all one pair hands right now except AK. So getting money in as the favorite when you have alot of info is goot, IMO.

If the turn bricks tho, you need to bet it and that is the disadvantage of c/r'ing. But, if you hit a flush or 3 or A, your hand is well disguised now and you are on the way to doubling up. Also by checking, you can still just c/c depending on the action; and that is why that's what I would do on this flop, just check it, and c/r if that's what my gut said to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that c/r allows us to see the strength of our opponents. Whats the plan if MP bets and LP raises? Whats our plan there? 3-bet? Leading takes care of this problem IMO, because, as you stated, we are ahead of many many holdings, so I can safely 3-bet all-in this flop. leading/3-bet is different then c/r 3-bet IMO.

c/r also shows alot of strength, and it gives us a higher chance of taking down this pot on the flop. But don't we want to build a pot here? I think leading also gives us easier turn play, given the action/card.

Maybe I'm off here, but leading is best IMO. c/c after that, merely because I can go for an overcall and have a lower risk being c/r-ed off my hand.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:17 AM

I think I'd bet a little more on the flop, at least $20. Then I'd continue to represent a hand that is defending against a flush draw by betting half the pot on the turn. I like betting because 2-pair is strong, and (more importantly) I want somebody calling to a lower flush draw to be more likely to think his flush is good if he hits on the river. If we're still playing by the river, I make a value bet on the river for 1/5 pot hoping a Kx or worse two pair makes a call. If someone pushes the river, I'd probably call without a strong read because I wouldn't be able to put someone on a set by the river (call/call on flop/turn with a flush draw and mulit-way pot with a set???). Checking the river to induce a bluff is good if at least one of the villain in the hand has tried river bluffs with missed draws and weak hands in the past. Without a read, I think a small value bet is good and you will get a call from TPWK or a lower 2-pair.