Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in playing PP private sit and gos?
No 13 38.24%
Yes 21 61.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Re: I think I screwed up the river....

You guys seriously think CO is calling 2 cold with 4 to a straight on the river? So far he's played this hand like a split pair of aces, and I don't see that calling 2 cold. A set would, however... but the pre-flop raise makes that much less likely.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys seriously think CO is calling 2 cold with 4 to a straight on the river? So far he's played this hand like a split pair of aces, and I don't see that calling 2 cold. A set would, however... but the pre-flop raise makes that much less likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the CO has AA and will call it. That is my reasoning for a raise though calling might be better if he will raise the top set again.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:01 AM

We can debate about this back and forth but, seriously, it is pretty close either way, isn't it? Except that (and I am assuming we have the best hand here - no reason to think otherwise) on the odd occasion we do not have the best hand, we will be putting in an extra bet and possibly pushing out callers, but how often are we going to lose this hand? With the way the rest of the betting went, I can't see us being beaten here... Unless someone is clueless, and got lucky, but again, them getting lucky is not going to beat us very often, and IF they got lucky, we get to see their cards and learn what kind of rags they are willing to play and in what position, giving us our read for the next time we are in a hand against them... So, I am back to Raise! BUT that is only because I am a noob and still don't know how to count - since it could be one extra bet depending on your decision, but this situation isn't likely to come up often, right? Which means that either response isn't a huge leak - it is so close to call that I think either way it isn't even a huge mistake.

If I can put everyone on calling my raise, I will go for it. If I think I will lose more callers than I make in raises, it becomes better to just call. But, do we have enough information at this point to decide either way?

Ok - just close your eyes and pick a button - worse that can happen is you hit fold by accident and then it asks if you really want to fold.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:45 AM

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>

What now? Easy cap?

Btw, after thinking about it for a while, I do think it is pretty close (the first part).
Old 09-27-2005, 01:54 AM

Easiest cap ever.

You're losing to 7/6. That's it. SB doesn't have that because he would have had to have led into the turn with nothing but a gutshot.

You might be chopping with somebody, but with two almost sure losers it's a net win.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:58 AM

Raise on the end. You will at least get a crying call from the SB in that large a pot.

The ONLY hand I think you fear here is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I doubt any other 67 is still out there and played this way.

I put the SB on A5 or 95, hitting his 2-pair on the turn, and the CO on AA pushing trips A's as hard as he can. I imagine MP is just on a flush draw with two big suited [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s. KJ, or KT.

I doubt the CO is going to believe that you actually have a 2 in your hand. I doubt he'll fold AAA without the flush draw revealing itself. I imagine MP will fold.

Worst case I think you raise, MP folds, CO crying calls 2, or raises, and you also get a crying call from the SB as that was exactly his line on the turn.

Anyone with 67 without TWO hearts should be shot for staying in. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 02:01 AM

Ah you posted while I was typing. LOL!

Ditto, easiest cap ever. You split with another 2, but not everyone is going to have a 2. You only lose to one reasonable hand.

Although, if SB shows me 2/6os, I puke on myself. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I believe you are splitting with SB after seeing his river actions. A2 betting up the gutshot on the turn?
Old 09-27-2005, 03:00 AM

(grunch)

I think you're splitting the pot with SB who made his hand at the turn. You don't want to force players out behind by having to call 2 cold.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:16 AM

I think you played it correctly.
I am now very, very scared of SB. It could be monsters under my bed but 67[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] seems more likely every second I look at it. It's the only hand he can bet this turn with, and I think he actually has the equity to do so - FD + the double belly buster.

No cap, I call, and be happy when I split.