Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Donkage

This is a tough hand. I've seen Donks play a 9, a 7, or a 4 like this. He could also have 86 and picked up an OESD on the turn or 2 clubs in his hand.

I'd just call for the fact that I would puke if I was 3 bet.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:35 PM

I play the flop the same. I play the turn the same. I think I raise this with any of the cards you listed. Without a read I am also calling any 3-bet.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:40 PM

I'd raise/fold the river.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:46 PM

You think a default player would 3bet a river on which an overcard flush card hit with a hand that is less than TPTK on a paired board? I think even 4x would have a hard time 3betting here. If you raise this river, you have to fold to a 3bet. Calling one is burning money.

I think that in the heat of the moment, I'd call out of fear. My next thought on this hand was that it was a sweet value raise. Now I'm wondering just how often our raise will be called by something we beat. 8x and 9x are likely holdings for villain here, but will he call a raise with them often enough to extract any value? Hero's play here if he raises could only logically be described by Tx, a flush, or some wonkily played PP (whether boat or OP). How often do you guys think our raise will get called by 8x or 9x compared to the times that we get called or 3bet by 98, 4x, or a weirdly played flush?
Old 09-21-2005, 05:50 PM

dude, he will call a raise with either a 7, a 9, a T, or a random pocket pair.

i had some guy donk bet into me yesterday on a 3T959 river and he called my raise with 88.

edit: we beat 98.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:54 PM

Thx for the advice. I see the error in calling the 3-bet. I think its close between raise/fold and call. Probably read dependent but I am leaning towards call as the default play.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:34 PM

This is a grunch.

I assume no reads which makes it bloddy hard to play but...

If hes capable of betting high cards? I dont think hes got balls after you bet the flop.

So either: PP, Flushdraw(Hmm?!?), PAIR AND FLUSH DRAW i.e. A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

1, This situation: Raise, Call 3bet.

2, A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](river card) Situation:Raise(King[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] high flush is less likly so i put him on PP or the 9 (and i expect a PREFLOPraise from PP above Ten), Call 3bet.
3,A OR T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] situation: Raise, Call 3bet(2pair scary).

The whole "Call 3bet" on 2 & 3 im unsure about.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:55 PM

Derf about the 98. I actually meant 97, but we still beat that.

Yeah, I'm probably overthinking it. Raising looks like the best plan against a default opponent. Against a good, or at least tight, opponent, the value in our raise goes down quite abit, however.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:49 AM

I found the typical Stars 2-4 game very tough for some reason. I've seen players play A4s exactly this way, and you might be drawing dead. Their reasoning (I think) is that the turn donk will infuriate you into raising the turn for a free showdown with AK. So they call and stop-n-go the river.

I guess I have nothing constructive to say about this hand. Stars 2-4 is good for *TILT*.