Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Standard...?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No I think you have to raise for information/value. You have no idea where you are plus you need to make other draws pay and maybe make this pot heads up. By calling you are playing way to passively I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong in a lot of ways.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it is.

1) "Charging the draws" is flawed logic. Anyone who is on a flush draw is actually benefitting from raising here. They are not being "charged" or "punished" in any way.

2) This fallacy leads to thinking raising for information is a good idea. It's isn't here. Flush draws and straight draws gain by raising (whether the people with the draws know it or not), so a raise for information is certainly not called for -- they could have a made hand or be correctly betting a powerful draw.

My first reaction is to raise this flop too, but I think, upon thinking about it, that a call is the proper play. You don't want to pump the pot for a guy who does not know enough to pump up the pot himself. There is a good chance that some clown limped in with suited crap and now has a flush draw, but is clueless enough to want to see the next street as cheaply as possible. Make him pay for his mistake by NOT raising!
Old 09-18-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Standard...?

You've got a little work to do before you match Mix-Mastah Shant, but these words is tight, yo. holla.

(I am white)