Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 06:22 AM

Default (3/6) Another interesting spot -- JJ

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>
Old 09-08-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Re: (3/6) Another interesting spot -- JJ

A single ten is fairly likely from a badish SB, but the double paired board and flush coming through with MP calling the whole way demands a fold.

EDIT, oops, huge pot. Call and fold if SB raises, unless you have a good read on MP as being insane.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:32 AM

I probably just call. However, raising and folding to a 3-bet might be the play. I doubt if MP 3-bets you with a worse hand and raising might get the SB to lay down QQ-AA.

Folding to the donkbet is not an option, even though that bet makes you sick to your stomach.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably just call. However, raising and folding to a 3-bet might be the play. I doubt if MP bets into you with a worse hand and raising might get the SB to lay down QQ-AA.

Folding to the donkbet is not an option, even though that bet makes you sick to your stomach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone capable of folding AA-QQ here would have raised it PF. Raising here is horrible. Oh yeah, FYP.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:58 AM

this pot is so big i make a crying call. your only hope is sb checked his ten on the river and now mp is value betting his (or bluffing.) 1 in 17 times with someone left to act? Sure..