Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2004, 01:40 AM

Default Well there, the Pistons

So far my strategy of taking the Pistons in every game has paid off with a 3-0-1 record in the Finals.

If you´ve been following my posts during the playoffs, you know I´ve felt that the Lakers were overrated.

My concern is that boring defensive games will become even more the norm. Get used to a lot more 167 totals, even in the regular season.

Ciao!
Old 06-14-2004, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Well there, the Pistons

[ QUOTE ]
My concern is that boring defensive games will become even more the norm.

[/ QUOTE ]

The NBA lost my interest more than a decade ago with the first "emphasis on defense" by Riley's Knicks.

I long for the days of 125-124 games between the Celtics and Lakers.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:04 AM

Good call on the Pistons Mike. Lakers have serious chemistry problems. If they can figure out a way to win game 5 in Detroit this series is still winnable.
I'm done with NBA for this year.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:42 AM

I was thinking about not betting this game. But when I read your pick, I thought about it and went with the Pistons, so thanks mike.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:39 AM

This has been a great Finals so far. I'll take amazing defense over amazing offense any day.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:27 PM

Although there is some great defense being played (esp. by Detroit), I feel that LA is just not doing a good job attacking on offense. Their ball movement hasn't really been crisp at all. Maybe with only 2 real options for points, it wouldn't make a big difference.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:16 PM

It's interesting that Detroit is only -450$ to win this series. The press seems to think its over,the public thinks its over, hell the Lakers even look like they think its over! What do you guys think of this price?

Listening to Tom Tolbert tell us how much better the Pistons are than the Lakers... I was bouncing off the walls!
So smug, so matter of fact. What about your Lakers prediction Tom? Huh?
Old 06-14-2004, 05:06 PM

Considering that no team has ever come back from down 3-1, I'd say its a good price for Detroit. It reflects the continuing inability of Lakers fans to accept the reality of the situation. If you listen to sports radio out here, you'd swear that the Lakers were the victim of some league wide officiating conspiracy. Also, the Lakers have some sort of "lucky" aura, going back to 18 point 4th Quarter comeback v. Portland, through Horry v. Sac, then .04, then Kobe's shot. People think based on the past miracles, they expect a future one. We all have some thought "if any team can do this, the Lakers can"...

There is SOME basis in reality, however. The Lakers do have to win tomorrow (at +150), and then it goes back to LA where the Lakers do have a decent chance. If you think the Pistons moneyline is accurate for tomorrow, and you think the Lakers are 55-45% in game 6 if they win Tues, and 60-40 to win a game 7, you should take that -450, since it looks more like 8:1 to me.

Hey, you called it at the begining of the series, the huge dog payoff on Detriot was good because you said what if LA has an injury? I got some on Pistons to win after game one, but not that super bonanza pre injury line.

Rasheed finally paid off for us. I actually had him over rebounds in game 3. I thought I lost that like I lost the points, then I realized he had 10 bounds. I took him over points like you said in game 4 and rebounds again (7.5 -130 I think) where he did go off for that +25 that I said he would and yanked a ton of bounds. If he can get 10 in game three where he doesn't play many minutes and plays badly at that, with Karl not going to play hardly at all with no action second half and just one day off, he is 70% going to rebound over again I would think. Shaq was a monster, that was nice! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]