Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Blind Steal 66 got 3bet...

An area of my play I need to improve tremendously is blind stealing/defending, so I'm gonna post some of my problem hands concerning this.

Villain's stats are 29.4/9.3/1.3 over 300 hands, mostly datamined.
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)/ 3-bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero...

Where do we go from here?

Oops, sorry I messed the colours...
Old 10-17-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Blind Steal 66 got 3bet...

Hero check/raises the flop. If he 3-bets, I call down unless an Ace hits (and it does not give me a flush or flush draw). If he calls, I bet the turn and river UI.

If he raises a non-ace turn, that's where it gets interesting. But I'm still leaning towards going to showdown...having any pair in a blind battle is often enough to win, and I've seen far stranger things than an aggressive opponent (which he is) taking that line with a strong ace here.

I don't like the check/call, check/call, bet line because I'd prefer to have him fold his overcards (if that's what he's got) before he gets 2 more chances to hit them, and I'd hate to give him a free card on the turn.