Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Early Week 2 Picks

There are a few games I want to watch for next week.

The first is the Jets. I was really hoping Vegas would make this a close line after the Jets looked terrible this weekend, but they have them a -6 at home agains the Dolphins. The Jets are going to play a lot better this week, and I really think last week was a fluke for the Jets and the Fins.

I like Jets -6, but does anyone think the lines will drop midweek?

The other game is the Panthers/Pats. Panthers are going to come out firing in their home opener, but betting against the Pats is tough. I usually like home underdogs coming off a road loss, but this one is tough to pick.

Right now I am undecided.

The last game I am considering is the Viks +3 over the Bengals. I've got to believe the Viks are much better than they looked last week, but the Bengals look like a dangerous team AND they are home. However, Dante is a great QB that knows how to bounce back after a loss, and he's going to have his team fired up for this game.

I am currently leaning Viks and the points.

Last week: 2-2
I had the Giants, Broncos, Rams, and Colts. Felt good about the Bills...I still don't know what kept me off that game.

Hindsight is always 20/20

Any thoughts appriciated.

-Jonny C

http://jonspkerblog.blogspot.com/
Old 09-12-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Early Week 2 Picks

I don't like the Jets right now - the new offense hasn't been effective yet, and Miami has already shown that they don't suck this year.

I like Bills at Tampa and San Diego at Denver. They're both getting points, and I expect them to win outright. I think San Diego gets Antonio Gates back, which should make them better, and I don't see how you can favor the Broncos when they are playing so badly. I also like KC over Oakland. KC is too much to handle on offense, and their defense has improved a lot over last year.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other game is the Panthers/Pats. Panthers are going to come out firing in their home opener, but betting against the Pats is tough. I usually like home underdogs coming off a road loss, but this one is tough to pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh...hate to break this to you but the Panthers lost their home opener to the Saints yesterday.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh...hate to break this to you but the Panthers lost their home opener to the Saints yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Kris Jenkins for the year
Old 09-12-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but the Bengals look like a dangerous team AND they are home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't go by their week one score. Cinci was not that sharp despite the score. Cleveland lived up to the hype and was terrible! That being said I have no feelings about placing a bet yet.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:45 PM

Pats -3 +102
Fins +6 +102
Chief -1.5 +104

I'm a newb but got lucky and owned week one.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, the funny thing is that I actually argued with my buddy yesterday because I knew the Panthers had two home games in a row and he didn't think so...

I am such a fool.

However, the Panthers are going to come out with thier A game..

-Jonny C

http://jonspkerblog.blogspot.com/
Old 09-13-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

However, the Panthers are going to come out with thier A game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its this kind of analysis that I truly treasure.

Please post when your inside knowledge reveals the Panthers have decided not to bring their "A" game.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

However, the Panthers are going to come out with thier A game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its this kind of analysis that I truly treasure.

Please post when your inside knowledge reveals the Panthers have decided not to bring their "A" game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying, but you don't have to be a dick about it. I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to sports betting, I'm really new at it, and I'm trying to figure out what types of analysis people look for when making picks.

I posted my original thread because I wanted to know what other people thought about the games. I in no way pretend to know what I am talking about.

What I meant by that line is that the Panthers are playing at home. They just lost a close game. They are playing the world champions. They are not going to be caught off guard, obviously, just as no team is going to be caught off guard playing the Patriots.

Having played team sports my whole life I know that when a team you should beat comes into town it is very easy to lose focus and "expect" to win, and this can catch certain teams by suprise.

It was a stupid comment looking back at it, but how about you try not being an [censored] especially when I have yet to see you posting any of your thoughts about next weekends games.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pats -3 +102
Fins +6 +102
Chief -1.5 +104

I'm a newb but got lucky and owned week one.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I think about it the more I like the Chiefs. I'm not sure about touching that Jets/Fins game though...would love to hear others thoughts about it.