Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Wait for the turn?

Normally I am not one for slowplaying in multiway pots on the flop, but this may be a very good spot to do it. Better is a fairly solid player, everyone else in the hand (besides me) is very loose/passive.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

River: (16.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

Whats the verdict? Raise the flop or wait until the turn?
Old 04-07-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Wait for the turn?

Nahh man, when the action came to you, enough money was in the pot already, you have to ram chips down everyone's throat.

Well played
Old 04-07-2005, 09:37 PM

Play this the same every time.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:43 PM

For the love of all things poker bet the g*d darned flop. You can trap most of the field for two bets, you have massive equity on the flop, use it and and start building that pot that is going to be yours a large percentage of the time.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:44 PM

Oh wow. Missed that flop c/r.

Without reads, you need to be the flop. You don't know if anyone will be the flop (you raised pf, after all) and giving infinite odds sucks hard.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:46 PM

I don't know, this hand may have had the perfect combination of bettor on my left and loose callers in the middle that it may have been smarter to wait until the turn and trap them all on the big bet street. Maybe it's close enough that I shouldn't worry about it. If UTG+1 checked or the loose callers folded to his turn bet I guess I would've been cursing myself for not raising the flop.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:47 PM

What the hell are you guys smoking?? Hero is the BUTTON and raised when the action got to him on the flop. He played perfectly. If you (Firefly) are just adding emphasis to the fact that he played correctly, then I agree. But there was no c/r.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:50 PM

For the love of all things poker bet the g*d darned flop.

The flop was already bet by UTG+1. My decision was to call his bet and wait for the turn, or raise it now.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:53 PM

You made the right choice. In the micros slowplaying this will just waste small bets you could be earning. Nice marketing with the avatar, BTW. I will be reading every one of your posts in the future... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 09:54 PM

Oh wow. Missed that flop c/r.

Huh? There was no flop c/r. And my option was to call an early position bet with 3 callers in the middle, or raise.

Without reads, you need to be the flop. You don't know if anyone will be the flop (you raised pf, after all) and giving infinite odds sucks hard.

Read the post again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]