Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Questionable Flop Call w/AQs

No Reads, as I just sat down at the table.

Does anyone fold this flop? An A or Q is probably dirty, In my mind Im drawing to a straight or flush against a paired board, perhaps not the smartest thing to do even though the pot was large...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

River: (17 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 04-07-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Questionable Flop Call w/AQs

The flop call is fine. You have somewhere around 5 outs for your straight and flush draws even if you ignore your overcards. Getting 14:1 this is a good call.

Rest of the hand looks fine.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:53 PM

i like everything about how you played this hand. on the flop your getting odds to draw for a king, plus the back door flush draw. on the turn you catch perfect. i like the value raise. river plays itself. nice hand.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:57 PM

I hope by "questionable" you meant "easy". Please don't ever fold the flop here. I probably would have just called the turn as well.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:59 PM

Your play is fine, on the flop youve at least 5 outs making the call fine. Really like the raise on the turn too.

nice hand.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:00 PM

This is an interesting hand because someone different leads out the betting on each street. How often does that happen?! (Though something might be wrong with the converter because MP3 seems to disappear after the turn.)

FWIW, I like the way you played it too, and I think the raise on the turn was good not just for value, but it also might have bought you an A or Q out. I think the flop call was fine with a gutshot + backdoor flush + overcards to board.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:01 PM

I thought about calling the turn, fearing that even if I hit my draw, I might still be up against a boat. However, no one aside from UTG+1 showed any aggression on the flop, and then he checked the turn.

There is also the small chance Im buying myself outs, as well as slimming down the field.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:02 PM

I don't really like the turn raise. It's for value if you get 3 callers, but I don't see it "cleaning up" Ace outs or Queen outs. I'd call.

Rob
Old 04-07-2005, 01:03 PM

I don't agree with the turn raise. Why blast people out of the pot while you're drawing?

If it were checked to you, value-betting would make sense, but I want callers here.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought about calling the turn, fearing that even if I hit my draw, I might still be up against a boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

FEAR NOT THE BOAT