Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 04:49 AM

Default QQ hand at an insane 1/2 party table that left me wondering...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Villain calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Villain calls, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (18.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls

River: (24.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 24.25 BB

OK, well this table had been making my head spin. extremely loose, and some major donks in this hand. i limped because the Villain had been raising constantly, and i knew i could get a 3 bet in here. on the flop i was just going for a c/r, but then Villain decides to go crazy (it was just hard for me to give him that much credit, seriously total donk). i decided my overpair was good here(and drawing to the third nut flush). now if i thought i was in a pot with tough players i wouldve already folded, but as ive been saying, this table was particularly terrible. i hit my set on the turn, but i guess i got cold feet when the mega donk Villain once again raised. the river im calling down with what is probably the best hand, but the insane amount of strength shown had me thinking i was toast here. do i just fold this on the flop? i might have played this totally wrong, and it confused me, so thats why im posting it here.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:54 AM

Default Re: QQ hand at an insane 1/2 party table that left me wondering...

You played this one very poorly. The PF limp sucks at a table full of donks who will coldcall any two cards. Not 3-betting the turn is bad times as well. Even if someone flipped up the nut flush you should still 3-bet as you will fill up more then 20% of the time. Push those equity edges dude.

Brad
Old 04-07-2005, 04:55 AM

I'm 3-betting the turn.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:56 AM

Given your read on villain, why would you NOT raise preflop? Having him 3 bet it and then you capping it would probably be the most optimal given you have just a great starting hand.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given your read on villain, why would you NOT raise preflop? Having him 3 bet it and then you capping it would probably be the most optimal given you have just a great starting hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, i dont know. i didnt see him 3 betting pre flop much, mostly raising if it was limped to him.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:02 AM

i guess i was right in thinking i f'ed this one up. so i guess the l/r was a stupid tricky move at the wrong kind of table? i guess i was trying to get advanced with the Villain.

Raise PF and try to take your QQ against just the villian. Don't let those others opponents in the hand. Your hand loses value the more multiway it gets, and it's always good to take a big pocket pair against a maniac with noone else in the pot because the money that he puts in we'll sometimes equal what 4 weak passive opponents would put in and your hand will hold up more often against one opponent. Try to get the pot heads up with him PF or charge people to play along. PF limping with QQ is ALWAYS bad in my opinion (at least at small/micro limits).

I also think 3 betting the turn is in order. You have all our board-pairing outs (plus the last Q), and even a heart may give you the winning hand.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:03 AM

also, i wanted to raise the turn, but didnt for some reason. stupid move on my part. man, i still need to learn a lot about this game.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:03 AM

I completely agree. The only hand that beats hero's top set is a made flush.

You may not even be pumping your "boat draw" on the turn - you may be value raising the best hand. Shiggity shiggity shwa.