Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 10:42 AM

Default The Great Deceiver and God

Someone started a conversation in another thread about the existance of God and how can you "prove" it. Well this isn't quite along the same lines, but this idea has been floating around in my head for along time. Let me give the obvious caveat before I start this post that I am not religious and don't claim any affiliation. But I do ponder these things often and I've come up with a theory.

It's been widely understood that "Satan" is the great deciever.

My theory for a long time has been this; God never did kick Lucipher out of Heaven. When the Angel of Light rose up against God with his small band of rebel angels, it was God that was kicked out of Heaven into Hell having been overpowered by the very creatures of power he created from imagination.

Satan actually succeeded in his attempt to usurp the throne of Divinity, and merely started lying to everyone about his true identity, all the time calling himself GOD. Then changing history to read that Lucipher lost and was cast down. He IS the great deciever after all, and anyone who could have proved otherwise was condemned to imprisonment in Hell.

It would certaintly explain "God's" penchant for burning people who don't worship him, no? In my opinion, he real God of Love would have never have burned any of his children in the pits of Hell, for any reason, much less one so egotistical and selfish as to demand praise from a bunch of mortal humans with short life spans and tiny brains. It seems perverted in the grand scale of things, in the scope of the entire universe, to demand worship from a species of soft, hairless mammals by a so-called Supreme Being. That's the kind of thing that tyrants demand.

It would also go a long way to explain why there is so much war, death, poverty and destruction. It's actually Satan that all the Christians give praise [tithe] to every Sunday in churches across the world. But it's not their fault, they've all been fooled.

Well, it's a theory anyway. If I were to be a religious person, that's the kind of thing that I'd be thinking about.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: The Great Deceiver and God

Nice try, Satan.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone started a conversation in another thread about the existance of God and how can you "prove" it. Well this isn't quite along the same lines, but this idea has been floating around in my head for along time. Let me give the obvious caveat before I start this post that I am not religious and don't claim any affiliation. But I do ponder these things often and I've come up with a theory.

My theory for a long time has been this; God never did kick Lucipher out of Heaven. When the Angel of Light rose up against God with his small band of rebel angels, it was God that was kicked out of Heaven into Hell having been overpowered by the very creatures of power he created from imagination.

Satan actually succeeded in his attempt to usurp the throne of Divinity, and merely started lying to everyone about his true identity, all the time calling himself GOD. Then changing history to read that Lucipher lost and was cast down. He IS the great deciever after all, and anyone who could have proved otherwise was condemned to imprisonment in Hell.

It would certaintly explain "God's" penchant for burning people who don't worship him, no? In my opinion, he real God of Love would have never have burned any of his children in the pits of Hell, for any reason, much less one so egotistical and selfish as to demand praise from a bunch of mortal humans with short life spans and tiny brains. It seems perverted in the grand scale of things, in the scope of the entire universe, to demand worship from a species of soft, hairless mammals by a so-called Supreme Being. That's the kind of thing that tyrants demand.

It would also go a long way to explain why there is so much war, death, poverty and destruction. It's actually Satan that all the Christians give praise [tithe] to every Sunday in churches across the world. But it's not their fault, they've all been fooled.

Well, it's a theory anyway. If I were to be a religious person, that's the kind of thing that I'd be thinking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes sense to me! I like the theory.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:56 PM

Sigh, not again. The forum is "General Gambling >> Psychology". All threads about religion should be sent to Purgatory. Threads about the +/-EV of prayer at the poker table may be accepted, though.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh, not again. The forum is "General Gambling >> Psychology". All threads about religion should be sent to Purgatory. Threads about the +/-EV of prayer at the poker table may be accepted, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Sklansky can post questions about christianity and God here then so can anyone.

Greg
Old 03-31-2005, 04:29 PM

You were a gnostic in a future life.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:09 PM

Sounds like a good movie script idea. Maybe Kevin Smith would purchase the rights.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but that's why God created PSP, and then Kenny got to level 60 and died. At the hospital though, they were able to revive him and put him on a feeding tube, even though God really needed him. Cartman, wanting his PSP and being his BFF then wanted to remove the feeding tube. It's a long story but I believe God ends up winning at the end.

(For the most of you who don't get this, it was the plot of yesterday's South Park episode... one of they're best IMO)
Old 04-03-2005, 07:03 AM

nice theory

I had a similar thought a while ago: If the bible was correct (except for what it says about Satan), I think God is a bit of an [censored], and may choose Satan if he's a cool guy

agument for God being an [censored]:

according to christians I know, the reason God created humans was to glorify God, even though God knew in advance this would require many many humans ending up suffering an eternity in hell
Old 04-04-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
to demand worship from a species of soft, hairless mammals by a so-called Supreme Being. That's the kind of thing that tyrants demand.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're hairless? how fast do you swim?

cheers!