Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Yet another religious question.....

Take a racist christain (hard to imagine i know..... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]) how can he/she possibly justify there racist views as it was known for a fact Jesus (supposed son of god) was an arab (as in from the middle east) and even worse for some rascists a jew.....
Old 03-13-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Yet another religious question.....

it doesn't fit the whole program so they just ignore it and don't want to know.

the ignorant use their ignorance or something like that.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:38 PM

heh, yeah... this particular dichotomy has made me giggle for years.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:53 PM

Well, I don't think it's a contradiction that smacks many white-racist-christians in the face as often as you might think... In western art, Jesus is almost always depicted as white. So I think the popular conception of Jesus is the one depicted by western art, not the empirical/historical Jesus who we know was a semite.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:08 PM

I don't believe this is a religious question at all. Racism is wrong no matter who practices it. No racism can be justified.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe this is a religious question at all. Racism is wrong no matter who practices it. No racism can be justified.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least not until we genetically engineer a race of humans that can only survive by eating other humans, or whatever. It'd be ok to hate them, right?

The only problem with the "no racism can be justified" statement is that a lot of people see a lot of quite sensible things as racist. If you're casting the part of General Patton in some new world war 2 movie, and don't allow black women to audition, I'm sure some moron will cry racism and sexism at once.

It's currently a broadly defined concept that is more emotional than rational.

I tend to think of racism as a "bad" thing, so "good" or "normal" things that come from noting the differences between different sorts of people don't fall under the heading for me.

~D
Old 03-13-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least not until we genetically engineer a race of humans that can only survive by eating other humans, or whatever. It'd be ok to hate them, right?

The only problem with the "no racism can be justified" statement is that a lot of people see a lot of quite sensible things as racist. If you're casting the part of General Patton in some new world war 2 movie, and don't allow black women to audition, I'm sure some moron will cry racism and sexism at once.

It's currently a broadly defined concept that is more emotional than rational.

I tend to think of racism as a "bad" thing, so "good" or "normal" things that come from noting the differences between different sorts of people don't fall under the heading for me.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

HE"S A RACIST!!! KILL HIM! SOMEONE GET THE ACLU ON THE LINE!

-_-
Old 03-13-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take a racist christain (hard to imagine i know..... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]) how can he/she possibly justify there racist views as it was known for a fact Jesus (supposed son of god) was an arab (as in from the middle east) and even worse for some rascists a jew.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all racists are racists in the Nazi sense. They can accept with some degree of discomfort that Jesus may have been semitic or black.

Besides, you can't ask an irrational person to rationalize his irrationality. That just don't add up.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:15 PM

most christians are just bread into christianity, and have no intent to follow God on their own terms. dont let so called christians by representation of God, because most of them just slaughter what God really stands for. no matter how recognized and gloried a christian may become, it is unlikely that he fully understands the christian religion, and has many misconceptions about the truth of everything.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:48 AM

I'd rather believe that he was the first Christian.