Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: You get that choice if you win a WSOP seat at Truepoker

It's good that Truepoker gives us players a choice. I myself would probably play it out.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Given the $10,000 choice.....

Mmmmmm, to play or not....I don't know....but i bet the last last three winners would have a view...

Seriously, if u come through and actually win a seat, your confidence level should move to a different place.

Going to Vegas with thoughts of winning six or seven figures is clearly too much, but placing has to be a realistic objective for a high percentage of the field...there would be no shame in turning your $10k into $20k or $30k and gaining the experience on top.

DesD.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:06 PM

I probably would also, but a lot can happen between winning a Seat and the WSOP itself.

Truepoker CEO
Old 02-03-2005, 02:49 PM

The last sentence reiterating the point and again mentioning the website was what tipped it to spam for me. Also, why not just have a different user name and get some regular dude to write "hey... i heard that on site XXX you can do YYY instead of ZZZ if you want. anyone else cheked this out yet?" That would be 100 times more effective at getting a regular joe like me to check out your site..... assuming you could get someone to do it in a believable casual manner...which I doubt would happen.

Good luck,
tpir
Old 02-05-2005, 07:20 PM

"why not just have a different user name and get some regular dude to write "hey... i heard that on site XXX you can do YYY instead of ZZZ if you want. anyone else cheked this out yet?" That would be 100 times more effective at getting a regular joe like me to check out your site....."

You would act on those posts before you would take a straight-up post from someone running a site ?

" assuming you could get someone to do it in a believable casual manner...which I doubt would happen."

I don't get this point ... if you act on those feigned "player" posts you describe above, why would you doubt you could be hooked again by some other shill ?

A "Regular Dude" CEO
Old 02-05-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Given the $10,000 choice.....

[ QUOTE ]
If you have the skills in place to win 10k in a sinlge tournament, odds are very high that you can sat in for probably an investment of only $1000 (5 supers).

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, you should be a very rich man very soon, with constant sats running where you have an EV of $2000+/per.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:46 PM

I will be using my seat rather than taking the cash.

Bump for True CEO too. Thanks for the seat. Will you be there to give me the cash personally?