Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2004, 09:10 PM

Default Ladies Limit Hold Em on ESPN

Anyone else watching this event? Jeena Burnett was pretty annoying when she was chanting "no heart, no heart" but you have to admit, she's pretty hot, esp. for a poker player.

The more I see of Annie Duke the more I hate her.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Ladies Limit Hold Em on ESPN

Quote " you look at Annie Duke and see a beautiful woman"

I don't think I have ever had that many beers, how'd the cameraman keep a straight face on that one.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:27 PM

Is it me or does Annie Duke have a major chip (pun intented) on her shoulder? Her elitest and condescending comments re: the ladies tourney solidified my dislike for her. Perhaps the REAL reason she didn't play in the ladies tourney is that she was too scared of not winning it and being humiliated. I don't care how good of a player she is, she needs to start showing some class instead of acting like white trash. If she wasn't Howard Lederer's sister, I wonder how much airtime she'd get.

Nice outfit, though---LOL. Extreme makeover, anyone?
Old 07-27-2004, 09:38 PM

i felt the same way. my mom thinks the real reason she didn't enter was the prize was so meager it wasn't worth it, but she really came across sounding like a bitch.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:41 PM

The hand that I thought was interesting was when Chip Jett's wife had a pair of sevens on the flop against the other womans K3 (board was low cards, nothing higher than a 9 I think, 7 was second high), and gave her this obnoxious smirking staredown. Can't remember if the other woman had bet and then was raised, or if Jett's wife just bet it, but either way, the other woman raised her with just her K high, then hit runner runner flush on her. Maybe if Jett's wife hadn't tried the intimidation stare, she might have folded? Maybe not, have to see it again.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:01 PM

So full of herself. Definitely solidifies the dislike.

Harman, Violett, and others so much more humble and more deserving of the spotlight.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i felt the same way. my mom thinks the real reason she didn't enter was the prize was so meager it wasn't worth it, but she really came across sounding like a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely think thats why she didn't play...just not worth her tim.e
Old 07-28-2004, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In her defense, she was winning a bracelet in the Omaha 8/b event during the Ladies Hold'em tourney.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:23 AM

I tried to watch as objectively as possible, but there were some pretty ridiculous moments at that final table.

Was it just me, or was everyone very catty towards each other? Little to no handshaking, no respect amongst each other, etc. Vicious staredowns also. It all seemed very immature, really. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2004, 12:30 AM

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would've much rather watched the Omaha Hi-Lo tourney instead of the bush (pun intended) league play of the "Ladies Tournament." If I want to see obnoxious Asian women being bitchy while playing poker, I'll just go to The Bike.

ESPN dropped the ball in not showing the REAL tourney going on at the same time. Waste of air-time.