Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2004, 10:15 PM

Default 3-bet flop? Check-raise turn?

In other words, should I have played this completely differently? If so, why? Basically I'm trying to refine my thought process at the table.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.75.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, MP1 calls.

River: (8.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-26-2004, 12:18 AM

Default Re: 3-bet flop? Check-raise turn?

Flop is close either way, with one more caller in between you have a pretty easy 3-bet with only the 1 I think the call is fine.

Turn and river look fine.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:42 AM

I think limping in the first place was marginal at best, but, just so u know, my opinions arent popular.

I would have definately 3 bet flop..u will hit flush a little more than 1/3 of time and you r putting in 1/3 of money. I do this for deception(, but now im starting to wonder if this is a dead givaway to the nut flush). I'd do it anyway, though. You might even get someone to fold AK on turn if they think you already have a strong hand...2 pr...set...AJ.

Having opted to not 3 bet flop, i would chkraise turn if i thought there was a 50/50 shot of someone else betting.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:18 AM

The 3 bet on the flop is pretty much a 0 EV play in my mind. It simply increases your variance. I think check-raising the turn may be the correct play. As the CO will probably bluff at the pot for you. It was nice of MP1 to come along for the ride.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In other words, should I have played this completely differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks good.

k
Old 07-26-2004, 03:32 AM

If your hand was any better you should raise preflop but your hand wasn't...you might still raise preflop but nobody folds their posts so there isn't much point I guess.
I think I would 3-bet this flop after great consideration. With your overcard you are getting a little bit of value if two others call. When it is close, I like to raise in these situations as it varies my play, as I would play strong made hands the same way.