Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2004, 03:49 PM

Default Slowdown at all here?

I'm posting this partially because it was a pretty wild hand, and partially because I wondered if I was throwing money away.

Reads: I saw MP1 play only one hand, betting and raising an unimproved 33 pretty strong on all streets.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Paddy is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Paddy 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Paddy calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (17 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Paddy raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Paddy caps</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Paddy raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Paddy caps</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls.

River: (26.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Paddy raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Paddy calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 38.50 BB
Old 07-24-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Slowdown at all here?

He can only have AA 1 way, he can have AK 2 ways. So you split it twice and lose it once... for +19 +19 -12 on your end. So total EV is... +8.66 The other Person who is coming along with you makes this situation profitable... do NOT slow down.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:43 PM

Nemesis speaks the truth. The presence of a third player makes it all the more likely you're up against someone holding an A or the case K, and preferably both. Given MP1's action on the previous hand you mentioned, I'm going all day on this one.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:57 PM

No. You don't slow down that is. The only possible hand that beats you is AA, and being afraid of that, especially when up against someone with that description, well, I don't think it's correct to slow down.

What I do think however, is that you might've been able to kept others in by not raising the flop. Not sure though, and I think it worked out as good as you could possible have asked for in this case.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He can only have AA 1 way, he can have AK 2 ways. So you split it twice and lose it once... for +19 +19 -12 on your end. So total EV is... +8.66 The other Person who is coming along with you makes this situation profitable... do NOT slow down

[/ QUOTE ]
That's assuming he has AA or AK.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:40 PM

yes, he wins the whole pot every other time and then it's EXTREMELY +EV. I assume he was worried about the opponent having AA.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:02 PM

Well put, Nemesis. That was pretty much my line of thinking, but I was far less sophisticated.

Turns out the button had K9, for the rivered 2nd boat, and MP1 had, believe it or not, 88. Basically 2 hands in a row where he played an unimproved pocket pair super aggressively. I added him to my buddy list, so that I might follow him table to table forever.

Thanks to all who posted.