Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 11:50 AM

Default (OT) bonuses and sng\'s

Citanul might say this is the wrong forum, but read the whole question before locking. So I made a decent amount of money in rakeback last month and I just got my money in firepay. I currently only have accounts at party, empire and stars. What sites offer bonuses that can be cleared with sngs? If there are any how difficult are they to clear playing $50+ tables? Or, am I better off finding one of those 100 or 1000% offers and just nut peddling the limit/nl games.

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 09-24-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: (OT) bonuses and sng\'s

Off the top of my head, here are a few sites that let you work off bonuses using SNGs, with the % of the rake they refund you:

Stars: 100%
Bodog: 100%
Pokerroom (7x): ~70%
Paradise: 10%
Absolute: 10%

I'm sure there are others. You might check out Bonus Whores for more details.

One good thing about Bodog's is that it's bottomless (so is Absolute, essentially); you can withdraw and redeposit for an infinite 10% bonus. The games are pretty soft, but the blind structure escalates quickly toward the end. Good luck.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:46 PM

Bodog has a great bonus for SNG's. Isn't there anyone here who's played a few there? What ROI can a good player get there? Maybe I could try to do 4 Eurobet and 4 Bodog once my 2001FP comes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2005, 01:23 PM

First of all, you can only play 3 tables at a time at Bodog. As for the quality of games, I started playing at the $5.50s, and clobbered them over the short term. 35% ROI over about 100. So I moved to the 11s, and through about 80, I'm down almost $200. I know a little is variance, but I also don't feel as confident there as other sites. I think part of my problem is that there are so many TERRIBLE players, that I assume all of them are bad, and therefore make bad decisions with marginal hands.

You start with 1000-chip stacks, and the blinds begin at 5/10, moving up every 10 hands. So things start slowly, giving you plenty of play early, and escalate in a hurry toward the end. It's definitely worth checking out, just to experiment if nothing else.