Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: on bots -- straight from the mouth of the poker clueless

Yeah. Good points.

As I mentioned before...I heard so many conversations on the PPM cruise about 'cash-out curse' and 'how do you know you're playing real people' it was truly frightening.
These conversations were serious and they were taking place everywhere you freaking turned.

These were freaking people who already played on Party....and even they were yakking non-stop about how the 'flops don't feel right there and it's so obvious' etc etc.

I've had similar conversations as yours with my relatives and know of what you speak. It's frustrating and annoying.

--------------

Mirage 3/6 where bigdaddytvo and I are having a couple of drinks at 4 am-ish.
The dealer there...and a player who is still wearing his blue WSOP-dealer shirt...are yapping about online and how it's obviously rigged.

"I went to my friend's house and tried it. I won of course...but you have to play differently because you're obviously not up against real people in many cases..and the cards come out differently."
etc etc.

Bigdaddy kind of thought they were joking and said sarcastically 'party is rigged!'
The dealer responded 'absolutely. you can completely tell' (blah blah blah)

I kind of nudged bigdaddy and whispered 'just let them go....they're actually serious'.
They talked about how long they had been in the game so they can 'tell' when a game is 'different', etc etc.

How these people don't realize that they pretty much sound like conspiracy idiots is beyond me.
The way they talk about bots and cash-out curses feels the same as someone who claims that aliens broke-in to their home, re-arranged all their furniture, and then re-arranged it all back.

Yet, these are otherwise fairly sane individuals who really aren't THAT dumb for the most part.
They just erroneously think that robots are taking all their money

(I'm suddenly reminded of the SNL sketch where Sam Waterston is endorsing an insurance-company for seniors who are afraid of being attacked and abducted by robots).

I agree that it's a big obstacle to convince morons that the games are legit (and that the reason they are losing is NOT the fault of the monster-unbeatable-robots).
Old 07-23-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: on bots -- straight from the mouth of the poker clueless

Bot = multi-tabling TAG, with chat turned off, taking everyone's money.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]