Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Wait for the turn?

What the hell are you guys smoking?? Hero is the BUTTON and raised when the action got to him on the flop. He played perfectly. If you (Firefly) are just adding emphasis to the fact that he played correctly, then I agree. But there was no c/r.

Thank you, I thought I was either going nuts or the converter messed up.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:58 PM

You made the right choice. In the micros slowplaying this will just waste small bets you could be earning.

Yeah, I guess I was just overthinking this hand.

Nice marketing with the avatar, BTW. I will be reading every one of your posts in the future...

haha thanks, I'm a fan of babe avatars.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:59 PM

Yeah, I can see the argument for smooth calling but still raising has to be the right play. Some players will call two cold just as easily as they call one, and maybe you can get some cowboy to bet into you on the turn.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:06 PM

wtf am i smoking? FOr some reason I thought hero was UTG... Whatever.

I revert to my previous post.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:15 PM

You've got sooo much pot equity on the flop, and with 6 opponents (all of whom are just looking for an excuse to call your bets/raises), I say give them the opportunity. Besides, if you wait until the turn, some them will invariably lose interest and not pay 2 big bets to continue. If a 3rd club comes on the turn, it might even get checked to you, foiling your attempts to extract an extra bet.

If you go by the results of this one hand, then yes, you would have likely extracted an extra 1.5BB. My gut still says to raise the flop.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:24 PM

grunching

I'd have slow-played if the 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] was the 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I really hate to slow-play unless I basically have the nuts. Even rarely then. What if you'd called the flop, UTG+1 had bet again on the turn and it had been folded to you? How many bets would you lose then?

I don't know. Others may disagree, but I say just go for it. I think you played it well. Nice hand.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:25 PM

Someone put out a challenge for newbies to learn by posting their thoughts on these hands. So I here goes my first post.

You had to bet that flop! You had loose money trapped for extra bets and they were probably coming again on the fourth street with as little as an Ace.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:34 PM

You had to bet that flop! You had loose money trapped for extra bets and they were probably coming again on the fourth street with as little as an Ace.

This better be a joke post because if one more person tells me to bet the flop in this hand I'm going to lose my mind.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:54 PM

No joke. I tried posting before reading other posts (as suggested). Sorry you had to read it again but I'm glad I wasn't off.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:17 PM

*Grunching*

I definately raise this flop to charge the flush draws, which I would think better is on if he is a solid player. I would be po'd if I tried to slowplay this one and the turn is the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Then how would you play it?

Ben