Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Re: QQ hand at an insane 1/2 party table that left me wondering...

Assuming your read is good on Villain I guess the preflop limp reraise is ok, but I probably wouldn't do it. I hate the flop checkraise attempt after threebetting preflop and being called down, I don't think you want to give a lone Kh or Ah a chance to draw at you for free. They're correct to call, but at least give them the opportunity to make a mistake. Also, your limp reraise caught a bunch of players who could conceivably have other draws out against you that you don't want getting a free look at the turn.

Villain's raise on the flop is meh, but the cap from MP3 is really worrisome. I think you're behind at this point, and with this many players still around I'm not sure your Qh is good. On the turn you pick up outs, but I don't know if betting is the right play here, I'd be inclined to check call. Having a read on MP3 would be nice here, and where did he go for the river? Folded to Villain's raise?

-Tim

[edit: I obviously didn't take into account the number of players on the turn and have undoubtably been playing sets too passively against straight/flush possibilities.]
Old 04-07-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i limped because the Villain had been raising constantly,

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly the reason you should have raised UTG, and hope that Villain 3-bets so you can cap it PF.

You must 3-bet this turn against a maniac Villain raise. The chance to fill up plus the need to charge anyone (MP3) who might be on a draw plus the probability that you are ahead here make it mandatory.

If Villain caps the turn then I'd still bet/call the river.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:44 AM

I haven't read any replies yet. Hopefully this isn't too far off. I would probably raise PF but if your read on the villian is that accurate then the limp is good. I think you have to lead the flop since the pot is big enough you can really protect your hand. The rest of the hand I would play the same.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:43 AM

Raise it preflop and given villain the chance to 3-bet or cap it for you.

Bet, raise, re-raise, cap the flop. Sounds like this guy wants to give away his chips.

I probably 3-bet the turn, though I'd be very wary of the other 3 players still in it here. Villain's raises would not be getting much respect from me, especially after I turn top set.

River: I bet. If villain raises, I probably 3-bet him. If someone else raises, I choke and call.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:48 AM

Well with 10 outs to the full house or quads on the river if you are fearing a made flush could you not raise the turn for value with all those players in the hand with you.