Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 06-24-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Attempted ipod theft, how do you react?

What is your estimate of the probability that he is carrying a weapon? Also, how big are you compared to his friends? I'm not the type of person to fight, but if someone tried to rob me I would definitely kick the sh1t out of them if I thought I could take them.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Me and pedro offer our protection until your can acquire yourself some bostaff skills or numchuck skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you had a little potential, but now you're headed for:

Old 06-24-2005, 01:31 PM

the question is, how long did it take to load that beast?
Old 06-24-2005, 01:35 PM

I pull my knife on him and take it to his throat, then calmly tell him to give me my ipod back before I [censored] push.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:38 PM

I guess it depends on physics of the situation. For one, I don't understand why they are not running away. Must have something to do with the layout of the "T".

But if they are still there, I'm just looking him in eye and saying "give it back" - real simple. Like I said, depends on physics some - I'm fairly big, so I think I could pull it off. If you're 5'9 and 165 pounds, maybe not.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:39 PM

Turn around, give him a cold look, and then say "I reraise" as you pull out your gun and point it squarely towards his nuts.

(Why did Tilt have to have so many horrible 1 liners)
Old 06-24-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn around, give him a cold look, and then say "I reraise" as you pull out your gun and point it squarely towards his nuts.

(Why did Tilt have to have so many horrible 1 liners)

[/ QUOTE ]
Did this seriously happen on Tilt? Wow. I'm always more and more glad I never watched that show.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Attempted ipod theft, how do you react?

[/ QUOTE ]

Violently
Old 06-24-2005, 01:53 PM

Default RESULTS. . .

after he said "just keep walking. . . ", I just kind of gave him a wtf are you serious look and said, "no, give it back now." He threw it one of his friends, so I turned to get it from the other guy, who then threw it back to the other kid. Now, here's what's interesting. . . the doors should have shut at this point, but they didn't, so obviously the driver of T must have been aware something was up. I kept saying, "just give it back. . . " and he kept saying he wasn't going too. Of the 4 kids, 3 were black and one was hispanic. I am sure none of them had weapons, and after the little hot potato stunt I was seriously pondering taking an any means necessary approach. The kid was sitting down the whole time as I was standing in front of him. . fortunately, and I am pretty sure race came into play here, another black guy started to say sternly to the kid, "Just give him back his ipod." I wasn't sure if he was with them or not, but after a little while I concluded he wasn't. After like a minute of both me and the other guy telling him to hand it over, he finally did. As I walked out of the train, the kid called me a "f*cking racist piece of [censored]. . ." which is really annoying and random since I was half asleep on the train and never said anything but "just give it back."

So, essentially, I just let him go. I could have pressed the emergency button on the T and had someone come out, which would ultimately get the mbta police involved, but I was just happy to get my ipod back and move on with the day. As soon as got off the train, I felt like a pus. I decided to just call teh mbta police and report it and since I work right outside of the aquarium stop, they said they wanted to send some people up to talk to me, since this has been a common occurrence as of late. I gave teh descriptions and they said they may come back and have me identify some photos, which would be cool.

Also, I think somehow this has to do with karma, and the fact that JV left his Old Navy New York jacket in the hotel during last years wsop. He wanted me to mail it to him and I didn't, partially because I am lazy and partially because I like the coat. I am convinced taht during the alcs this fall some kid tried to punch me because of teh coat. Fortuantely, he was too drunk to connect and got dealt with by the locals. You just can't get any respect in this city with new york paraphernalia. Even though it is not a yankees coat, I think it just makes people mad to see "New York" in big letters. . . . So, when I get off teh plane tonight in Vegas, one of my first priorities will be to give him back this damn coat. . .
Old 06-24-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: RESULTS. . .

[ QUOTE ]
As I walked out of the train, the kid called me a "f*cking racist piece of [censored]. . ."

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course this makes you racist. You should have let him rob you without making a scene. Sheesh.