Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How Many WPM do you read?
500+ 27 40.91%
450-500 5 7.58%
400-450 5 7.58%
350-400 7 10.61%
300-350 8 12.12%
275-300 2 3.03%
250-275 3 4.55%
225-250 3 4.55%
200-225 1 1.52%
100-200 5 7.58%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: what would you do?

[ QUOTE ]
no, A-4 would not be the nut low in Hold em. They aren't playing O/8.

Nut low means worst possible hand. That is precisely what he holds on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-15-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I announce 'nut low'

Not to be a nit, but not only is your statement stupid (it's not high/low) but even if it were, you don't have the nut low. The nut low would be A4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, "I play the board." would probably be better.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I announce 'nut low'

Not to be a nit, but not only is your statement stupid (it's not high/low) but even if it were, you don't have the nut low. The nut low would be A4.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon guys... if the board is 2 3 7 T K and you have 45 that is the nut low... A 4 would be Ace high... and technically you aren't playing the board, but you can't be worse than the board.

if that makes sense lol

oh and if I'm dumb enough to muck my cards, I don't expect to get the pot, so i can't see myself giving the pot away if I were on the winning side.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I announce 'nut low'

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon guys... if the board is 2 3 7 T K and you have 45 that is the nut low... A 4 would be Ace high... and technically you aren't playing the board, but you can't be worse than the board.

if that makes sense lol

oh and if I'm dumb enough to muck my cards, I don't expect to get the pot, so i can't see myself giving the pot away if I were on the winning side.

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to clarify--I was talking about OP's hand.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I announce 'nut low'

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if that makes sense lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to clarify--I was talking about OP's hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

No difference -- he is not playing the board -- assuming the board is 237TK, he is playing 457TK. If the board was something like 678TK, he would be playing the board.

And the first guy -- complaining about saying "nut low" -- he is a nit.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:28 PM

If the board is 678TK, he's got a straight and we're not having this conversation (with the OP's 45...). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the board is 678TK, he's got a straight and we're not having this conversation (with the OP's 45...). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooops meant 679TK
Old 12-16-2005, 02:17 AM

By the rules of poker, OP is entitled to the whole pot. By the rules of human decency and common sense, opponent should at least get a chop. Believe it or not, the rules of the latter do (or should) hold at the poker table.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the rules of poker, OP is entitled to the whole pot. By the rules of human decency and common sense, opponent should at least get a chop. Believe it or not, the rules of the latter do (or should) hold at the poker table.

[/ QUOTE ]
suppose OP said " i have the 3rd nut low" instead and the other guy folded, and the same events ensued, do you still give it to the idiot who folded his hand after seeing the OP's hand face up on the table?
Old 12-16-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
suppose OP said " i have the 3rd nut low" instead and the other guy folded, and the same events ensued, do you still give it to the idiot who folded his hand after seeing the OP's hand face up on the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that changes nothing. The point is that the OP could not conceivably have had the best hand, and accidentally tricked his opponent into mucking.

You don't go into a hand hoping to win it when your joke at the end confuses your opponent and makes him muck the best hand at showdown. Opponent was an idiot and OP did nothing wrong, but keeping the whole pot in this instance would strike me as a sort of retroactive angle shoot.