Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 11-05-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Bar Stool Pundits, week 9

[ QUOTE ]
The Jets/Chargers game is a trap. Flying cross country 3 weeks in a row will have SD zapped. Nobody in their right mind can like the Jets. Without any consideration to outside influences people have to load up on SD. Therefore, if you know what is good for you take the Jets and the points. This one is money in the bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

The chargers flew cross country 3 times before they played the Patriots, Id say that worked out for them.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:27 PM

As for the match up if theres a weakness in the chargers defense its in a secondary and I dont think the Jets can exploit it. Then on the other side of the ball you got a balanced attack that pretty much everyone has trouble slowing down. Even when the Eagles kept them one sided they still were brutally lucky to win the game. Anyway im not going to rant on like its a lock cause nothings a lock, I just think the chargers are the much better side of the coin.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the match up if theres a weakness in the chargers defense its in a secondary and I dont think the Jets can exploit it. Then on the other side of the ball you got a balanced attack that pretty much everyone has trouble slowing down. ... I just think the chargers are the much better side of the coin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I can't imagine the Jets covering. The Chargers are a clearly superior team. My money is on the Jets.

natedogg
Old 11-06-2005, 04:42 AM

Ive never felt so sick about a bar stool pundit as i do about betting the Jets this week. That being said, its time to load up on the Jets.
foots
Old 11-06-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jets
Dolphins
Packers
Bucs
Pats
Saints

- natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

The BSP look to one sunday to get good. Instead they go broke.
(For entertainment purposes only) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] <font color="white"> I'm feeling the spirit of Scalf </font>
6 team parlay, $10 to win $449.35
Old 11-06-2005, 12:45 PM

Um, the Chargers were home 2 of 3 weeks before going to New England, and the road game was to Denver (which is hardly cross-country).

Nice try, I guess.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:23 PM

can anyone point me towards a site that tells you where the public is betting?
ty]
matty
Old 11-06-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The BSP look to one sunday to get good. Instead they go broke.
(For entertainment purposes only) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] <font color="white"> I'm feeling the spirit of Scalf </font>
6 team parlay, $10 to win $449.35

[/ QUOTE ]

As a noob bettor, I've been asking about the EV of parlays and basically what people have been telling me is that outside of fun bets or correlated parlays, it's not worth it.

This is the textbook "fun bet" that I should place $5 on every week. I wonder how much I would have won if I did that every week.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As for the match up if theres a weakness in the chargers defense its in a secondary and I dont think the Jets can exploit it. Then on the other side of the ball you got a balanced attack that pretty much everyone has trouble slowing down. ... I just think the chargers are the much better side of the coin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I can't imagine the Jets covering. The Chargers are a clearly superior team. My money is on the Jets.

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

Same on sports radio today. Chargers are an easy lock, one of the best teams in the AFC, and the Jets are terrible. The Chargers should roll.

Closed my eyes and loaded up on the Jets. I am feeling sick.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:57 PM

I feel better about taking the Jets than any other play here, except Miami.

New Orleans and Tampa make me sick.