Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-03-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Seem reasonable?

Only been at the table for one orbit.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Is bet/fold or check/fold a better line here on the river against default opponents?
Old 11-03-2005, 10:03 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: Seem reasonable?

[ QUOTE ]

Is bet/fold or check/fold a better line here on the river against default opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would u fold for one bet with the second flush? Board's paired, so possibly fold to a three bet. Turn raise, i think is somewhat interesting. I like it though.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:14 AM

Check/folding the river is definately awful. I like bet/call actually, but bet/fold may be fine w/a strong read. I actually don't like the turn raise though; You definately have some equity with your draws, but I don't think SB is betting out on the turn into a 4man field w/o being ahead of your current 2ndPGK made hand.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:31 AM

i think its a check call, the 2 callers behind ur turn raise indictae strongly someone has an ace id check call one bet fold to two, i think uve exhausted ur aggression on this hand. That turn raise was interesting, not sure i liked it, especially in a game where its not limiting the field.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:45 AM

I like the turn raise if you think that a ten will fold.
I might bet the river but I'd be scared to do it, because, I know that I couldn't fold to a raise. And btw, i don't think you should.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:38 PM

Thanks for the responses all!

My only reason for mentioning check/folding on the river was that after the button cold called 2 on the turn it was very likely that the river card helped him as a set just became a boat and the ace of diamonds just improved to the nut flush. Upon further reflection though I think it's very possible he has the ten of diamonds here especially if he has something like JxTd so I do like the river bet. I'm not sure about calling a raise though.

As far as the turn raise, my thought was that if SB had improved to a flush there was a good chance he'd check/raise here. As was mentioned, folding a ten cleans up my queen outs as well. Finally it forces the players behind me to define their hands and if both fold lets me take a free showdown unimproved or bet for value if I do improve.