Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 06:23 PM

Default 10-20 Online

sb vs bb. Hero is sb with 5h5s. Think bb might see me as a bit to agr. BB is loose and agr. likes to be bit tricky.

Folded to me I raise.
Flop [3d 3h Jh] bet, call
Turn [Th].

Ideas for my line from here. Sorry I dont have pt stats for bb.

Edit: its probably a pretty easy bet and call if raised. But comments would still be nice.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: 10-20 Online

um, bet/call. Check/call is good for the river. Sure you get a lot of aces calling on the river, but given your description of him, he doens't have an ace. But you bet here because he will often fold or pay for a 6 outer. You call because he bluffs enough to make it profitable to do so.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:15 PM

Given that the opponent is loose, aggro and tricky, I would probably check/call here. If you bet and get raised, you really can't fold, but I would not be excited about having to put two bets in on this turn. And I think you get raised here frequently. If you bet, I don't think he is often folding anything you want folding such as a higher pair or a hand containing a bigger [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

The sort of hands you would want to "charge to draw" by betting here might well bet for you anyway once you check, getting the same bet into the pot, since many loose aggro tricky opponents will see raising preflop, betting the flop and then checking the turn here as giving up and try to take the pot away. This is somewhat mitigated by the fact that he views you as aggro since he may thus perceive that you are capable of check-raising here and not bet for you, but without more information about the opponent, I think check/calling here is still fine.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But you bet here because he will often fold or pay for a 6 outer.

[/ QUOTE ]
What likely hands do you see for the opponent that him six outs? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But you bet here because he will often fold or pay for a 6 outer.

[/ QUOTE ]
What likely hands do you see for the opponent that him six outs? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, we have the 5h. Actually didn't even notice the flush draw.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:41 PM

I truely hate these situations and I'm never quite sure what to do.

I check call this turn. If villain is tricky and aggro he's likely to raise a lot of turn cards we are ahead of as well as many we are not. We have to call this turn raise and villain will prolly bluff at the river enough making calling the river correct. Since we don't really know if we are ahed or behind, I want to get to showdown as cheap as possible so check call the turn and bet/fold the river.

I'm not worried about giving a freebe here b/c villain is likely to bet any decent hand b/c you've shown weakness. I doubt he checks through this turn very often w/out a total crap hand.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:18 PM

Thanks for nice replies.

Result for those who want it. I check called the turn and bet out when a heart hit the river, he folded.

I know the hand wasnt all that intresting, but I played it while I was signing up here, so I figured it would be a good first post. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]