Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: My TruePoker WSOP 120K Hands Challenge - Update # 6

for my PPM cruise raked-hands marathon I played about 20k hands of 10/20 6-max in 4 days. Just 4-tabling...but sometimes the table might be 3-handed...and hands go faster on Party anyway.
I was getting almost 100 hands an hour on each table...400 hands an hour in total much of the time.

I played about 15-17 hours a day for each of the 4 days I think (a little less on the first day) and was also playing from 3:00a-1:00p to get the double-points so I was getting REALLY tired.

I was up as much as $3k at one point (150BB).
I finished down $600 (-30BB).

My play was getting worse and worse as I got more and more tired. I would occasionally not see that there was a 4-flush or 4-straight by the river and that would cost me 1 or 2 extra bets if I was just auto-raising still with my KK or something.
And this is on a site where you can actually SEE the cards (whereas on True it is significantly more difficult).

Of course...I won the $12k value cruise trip....and I placed in the money on the cruise and won $5215 cash.
But even if I hadn't made the money it was still worth it because the vacation itself was fantastic.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for my PPM cruise raked-hands marathon I played about 20k hands of 10/20 6-max in 4 days. Just 4-tabling...but sometimes the table might be 3-handed...and hands go faster on Party anyway.
I was getting almost 100 hands an hour on each table...400 hands an hour in total much of the time.

I played about 15-17 hours a day for each of the 4 days I think (a little less on the first day) and was also playing from 3:00a-1:00p to get the double-points so I was getting REALLY tired.

I was up as much as $3k at one point (150BB).
I finished down $600 (-30BB).

My play was getting worse and worse as I got more and more tired. I would occasionally not see that there was a 4-flush or 4-straight by the river and that would cost me 1 or 2 extra bets if I was just auto-raising still with my KK or something.
And this is on a site where you can actually SEE the cards (whereas on True it is significantly more difficult).

Of course...I won the $12k value cruise trip....and I placed in the money on the cruise and won $5215 cash.
But even if I hadn't made the money it was still worth it because the vacation itself was fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fatigue factor cannot be understated in how it impacts one's decision making/mistakes made.

I also definitely feel that when this is all said and done I will feel that it was all well worth it, even if I don't get to cash at the WSOP as well.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you look back on some of his earlier updates, I did play 2500 or 2800 in a day. Anyone who thinks he's playing bad needs to STFU and do better for a month at the same hands/day.

[/ QUOTE ]

grimel, I think you have had my back since day one. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:54 PM

Doyle,

Tell you what, you are certainly putting in the effort. However, why don't you knock off after June 15, regardless of where you stand. If you have not made the 120,000 hands by then, you can play them out after the WSOP.

Truthfully, we do not want you burnt out for the WSOP and we want you to enjoy the trip/tournament. (We also want you to enjoy playing online and give your best game.)

See you in Las Vegas,
Old 06-08-2005, 09:04 PM

bravo

pretty classy for a cro-magnon man
Old 06-08-2005, 09:10 PM

Sorry granny...but I'm going to have to correct you yet again!!

[ QUOTE ]
EXTREMELY classy

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done TPCEO!!
And congrats O-Doyle.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:28 PM

I'm always amazed at the class David has. I remember back when he first started coming around because of someone accusing his site of stealing money from them, and although the guy was a complete jackass, David always took the high road. For those of you that remember that guy, we all wanted to lay into that moron.

Congrats O Doyle and keep up the good work David & the True team!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:10 PM

No problem, I looked at my "normal" play rate and said "what's the big deal, I'll give it a go". HA! I'm glad I (for once) had the good sense to try it before opening my mouth. My recent Fri/Sat bonus clearing marathon was even more proof (I miscalculated the req hands for the Interpoker bonus which was a good thing for my BR). I KNOW the beating my BR would take at that rate for 30+ days.

You are the man! I really think this will be a big plus for you at the WSOP. If you make day two (for sure if you make it into the money) I expect to see you and your story on ESPN!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doyle,

Tell you what, you are certainly putting in the effort. However, why don't you knock off after June 15, regardless of where you stand. If you have not made the 120,000 hands by then, you can play them out after the WSOP.

Truthfully, we do not want you burnt out for the WSOP and we want you to enjoy the trip/tournament. (We also want you to enjoy playing online and give your best game.)

See you in Las Vegas,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the type of action that makes me want to fight with the 3d and play at True. BTW, it does get easier with more play.

ANYONE at a certain large site? reading this? This is how you treat players! True Poker has it's act together. Unlike certain large sites which will remain nameless, True's tech and customer support have it together.

Not too long ago, I had a small problem at True (insignificant and I would still play if they blew it off). I messaged the host. We went back and forth for a few messages until he was sure he had it down and went for help. Was back in 10-15 minutes, yup, I was right it did happen, we fixed it sorry it took so long to fix, sorry you had the problem. If they are worried about 10-15 minutes to contact TS, accounting, verify it, fix it, and get back to me certain large sites need not expect much beyond clearing bonuses.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doyle,

See you in Las Vegas,

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, you're a little worried about your fellow big head, I see. No need to worry, I will have plenty left for the WSOP to represent myself and TruePoker to the best of my abilities. If I were you I would be more worried that your noggin is not going to measure up to mine once we hit Vegas!

Thanks, David it is nice to have that "peace of mind" that I'm in and to echo what others have already said, you and TruePoker are a class act and I sincerely appreciate you giving me this opportunity and thank you for it.

As far as the 120k hands go, I am a "say what I mean, do what I say" type of guy. I signed up for 120k hands, and sir, 120k hands you will have!

Once again, MUCH THANKS!

PS - Hey David, I had sent you a couple of e-mails with some questions I have. Let me know if you have seen them. Thanks.