Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: My Take On [censored]\'s Actions

Mainly, it's a volume issue. If a lot of people post crap threads, then good threads get pushed off the front page and potentially don't get read or die away prematurely.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Darwin's theory of natural selection dictates that the "weak" threads will quickly fall of the front page and lose out to the stronger threads. So would someone, please tell me why you are all wasting SOOO much time trying to "fix" OOT? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The basic problem is that OOT has turned into a nasty place where everyone is a wanna-be bully looking for a weak target. When someone makes a crappy post, a bunch of people jump all over it because it gives them a chance to insult another poster and make themself feel stronger. Just look at this thread - half of the posts are somewhere between condescending and downright vicious.

Everybody is too wrapped in all the hating to have any interesting discussions. That's why the [censored]'s mass-culling isn't going to fix anything - it's like trying to bring about peace by starting a war.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:07 AM

Did you really have to make a new thread for this?

We've got 4 or 5 of these near the top of OOT, voice your opinion in there. This is why moderation sucks. Post after post about the "state of OOT" and moderation.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now OOT sucks ass. Why? Because it's been flooded with millions of retarded infants

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it up with Mason. Tell him to keep new people from finding this site. It should be reserved for those of us who found it first.

Either that, or learn to live in a world of constant change. I know that can be tough on you old fogies, just take it one step at a time.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now OOT sucks ass. Why? Because it's been flooded with millions of retarded infants

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it up with Mason. Tell him to keep new people from finding this site. It should be reserved for those of us who found it first.

Either that, or learn to live in a world of constant change. I know that can be tough on you old fogies, just take it one step at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of attitude is rude.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean?

Was I being rude to the old fogies? or was The Dude being rude to the newbies?
Old 10-13-2005, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like moving into a neighborhood of people who have lived on that land for decades, and being an ass, and then telling them to deal with it. It's flat out rude.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's like moving into a neighborhood of people who have lived on that land for decades, and being an ass, and then telling them to deal with it. It's flat out rude.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon...that's a serious overstatement. This is a public message board, where people can sign up and post as they please. This isn't The Dude's forum (though he seems to believe otherwise with his last remark), but rather is owned and operated by 2+2.

If they decide that they don't like what's going on in OOT, then they can do something about it. Until then, everyone (The Dude included) can just deal with it.

Just a note to the OP: I highly doubt more than 10% of this forum cares a whole lot about this post, or you in general. Leave, post, or do whatever. You're not going to cause a huge stir in OOT, no matter what you do. It may sound harsh, but hey, I'm just being realistic. Hell, this could be my last post on OOT, and I doubt anyone would give a [censored]. That goes for 99% of people in this forum.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you some type of commie? You just described the American Way. Rude rules.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's like making your own little cliquey group after being fortunate enough to find this forum before many others, and telling everyone that comes after you that they're douchebags.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP