Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 05:15 AM

Default Absolute adjustments

I've been playing at Absolute for about a week. I made some adjustments to playing there but just wanted a check that these were reasonable. For anyone who hasn't played at Absolute they allow a 200BB buyin but many players buy in for 50BB and less. The tables usually have 2 or 3 full 200BB or better stacks, 2 or 3 100BB stacks and the rest short sub 50BB stacks.

I ask because after 5k hands I'm dead even but the games 'feel' good. I'm wondering if my adjustments are to blame.

I basically play it tight and cautious against the big stacks, and fast aggressive against the short stacks. I have been regularily getting up and re-seating at tables when my position relative to other big stacks is bad.

My biggest area of doubt is in dealing with short stacks. It seems like every hand you play puts someone all in.

Any other suggestions or ideas? If you see a player get up from your right and sit on your left at Absolute think of it as a mark of respect. One guy asked what I was doing and I said "Seat 7 was lucky for me". He 'lol'ed then began religiously betting into me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Absolute adjustments

Skuzzy I love the 200BB stacks and wish more sites would do this. If I remember right AP got voted hardest site to beat in one of those polls here on 2+2. If you are playing to improve your game this might be the right place, if it is to only make money then maybe not.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:13 AM

Default Re: Absolute adjustments

I just decided to clear some of the infinite bonus there. This is ridiculously slow at SSNL but the games play so differently from anywhere else that it's definetly worth it from an educational viewpoint. I set myself a goal to clear $500 in bonus playing .50/1 on a short bankroll. If I win great, if not "c'est la vie". Still, it has to be easier to beat than the full ring games at the 'skins'. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]