Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 11:08 PM

Default hourly rate and what not

I've been playing a bit of shorthanded $50 NL on PartyPoker and although my sample size is rather small (600 hands), I just got PokerTracker and since it's awesome I'm just curious about what serious players shoot for in terms of hourly rate, BB/hour or BB/100 at this limit. If not this limit, other short handed NL tables.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: hourly rate and what not

at 50nl you should shoot for at least 7ptbb, preferably something like 9ptbb. You'll find that when ur killing the game for 7-10K stretches of hands you can average towards 15-20ptbb but then after u lose a couple buy-ins it will bring it back down to low teens or 8-10ptbb. You won't really get a good idea of your win rate until after at least 25K hands that include a good-sized downswing and a recovery. So probably more like 30-35K hands.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:58 PM

I just got tracker today as well. You can import hands. BTW here are my stats boys, feel free to rip me a new one. Only half my hands got read due to eurobet changing over I think.

Old 12-14-2005, 01:02 AM

Definitely raise more pre-flop. VPIP of 16% is OK (kinda tight IMO, but definitely in acceptable range). But PFR of 1.6% is very low. If you are raising only AA, KK and AK, you are losing a lot of value. Please raise TT+ and AQ and loosen up more in later positions.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:33 AM

Haha I was waiting for someone to say something. Just come out and say I am a rock, it is ok! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Sorry to hijack thread but think this pokertracker is kind of cool and wanted to show that you can import hands. I am assuming the guy is not playing shorthanded 50 NL after 600 hands played.

BTW the site that this is from (pokeroom) has about 75% or maybe more raised pots pre flop so the vast majority of these pots are raised. Just not by me. Party is a different story it is limp city there at the low limits and I would raise more there pre flop if I played there.

Edit... NM I am reading some of this crap wrong, I am new at this.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:43 AM

Well that explains the low PFR a bit, but I still think it should be higher. If people are raising with junk, you can want to re-riase with a good hand.

E.g. villain's PFR is 20%+, I'd reraise with AQo. You probably have him beat and ideally you want to play him heads up post-flop.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:46 AM

I know I got to work on this, I got my tomato proof suit on cause I was actually expecting a bunch of hell from these stats.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:57 AM

don't get too caught up in winrates. You will never play enough hands at a level to get a solid idea of what you're really making. You have to play about 100K hands to narrow it down to a 5BB/100 range. For example, if after 100K hands at 25NL you're running at 7BB/100, statistically you can say with 95% accuracy your real win rate is between 4.5 and 9.5 BB/100. That's a lot of hands and still not a tight range. What this says is even over a huge number of hands, luck is an enormous factor and you shouldn't take results so seriously.

Scrapperdog: there is no excuse for a PFR that low. You are absolutely missing out on a ton of value. If most of the pots are already raised, you're doing yourself a huge injustice by not repopping them with strong holdings. Good strategy on a loose table is to tighten up, but you have to be very aggressive when you do play. Which reminds me, your post flop aggression factor is way too low.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Scrapperdog: there is no excuse for a PFR that low. You are absolutely missing out on a ton of value. If most of the pots are already raised, you're doing yourself a huge injustice by not repopping them with strong holdings. Good strategy on a loose table is to tighten up, but you have to be very aggressive when you do play. Which reminds me, your post flop aggression factor is way too low.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know my PFR sucks but I actually thought my turn and river stats were kind of normal. This past month I have been working on being more agressive on the river with value betting a good but not the nuts hand that in the past I would have checked, mostly thanks to this forum. What would you say a good number is for all of these positions?
Old 12-14-2005, 02:12 AM

WAY too low was probably an exageration. But you do want to be above 2 on all streets. Especially as tight as you are preflop, your hands have to be good enough to bet/raise with more than you are.

I can't stress enough how much you need to raise more preflop. 5% PFR is still considered very tight 10 handed.