Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Bubba\'s weight loss plan.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the evenings, if I got hungry, I would deaden the hunger with liquor (usually Capt'n Morgan and diet pepsi) usually 2 or 3 glasses, not enough to get wasted, but just enough to not think about being hungry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, you could drink a glass of coffee about an hour or two before dinner at 4:30 or 5. Caffiene is a natural appetizer suppressant and couple that with a glass of water to fill the void and you wont feel that hungry. You could also have a healthy snack like an apple or a banana.

-jord

[/ QUOTE ]

this is good advice
Old 05-09-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Losing weight.

Drawing out a healthy meal plan help immensely. If you have 2 weeks worth of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks planned, things can go quite smoothly. Six small meals is generally excepted as the best way to go.

Also, it helps you adjust to the routine of it all. Once eating correctly becomes a habit, other things will become easier.

Also, give yourself a free food day (mine was Sundays) where you allow yourself a few treats that you don't have to worry about. If you like eating out make it a Friday or Saturday.

good luck.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a bowflex and an exercise bike .

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who won a few bucks playing poker and bought a $2000 laundry hanger.

After thinking about how stupid I am for buying this and never using it. I think the humiliation of posting it here will make me use it.

Come on Nick don't let the money go to waste, start using yours as well.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a bowflex and an exercise bike .

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who won a few bucks playing poker and bought a $2000 laundry hanger.

After thinking about how stupid I am for buying this and never using it. I think the humiliation of posting it here will make me use it.

Come on Nick don't let the money go to waste, start using yours as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...great pic
Old 05-09-2005, 08:06 PM

LOL I used to have a sort of weight bench/overhead row pulley machine combo in my living room draped with hangers too. I think there are a whole lot of us like that.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:15 PM

the one thing I've learned over the yrs. regarding weight -

just stop eating when your full - we were trained to never throw away food, and I feel bad when I leave half a whopper in the garbage, but to chug it down, that's how pounds happen

RB
Old 05-10-2005, 01:05 PM

Body for Life by Bill Phillips

Get it. Read it. Live it.

I lost 100 lbs in about 9 months on this plan...it's amazing how well it works.

I'm back on it now.. I got lazy a couple of years ago and stoped working out. I put 50 of it back on....ugh!

My goal this time is another 100 pounds in the next year...

I've been fat all my life... being fat sucks
Old 05-10-2005, 04:54 PM

I see a lot of posts that say "Don't eat after..." and they put in a time like 7pm. Is that because normal people go to bed at 9pm or 10pm and that you should not eat right before bed? I am up at 8:30am for work but also stay up late nights like 2-3am because I have a hard time sleeping. Since I stay up late, I do not eat dinner until 8-9pm. Also if I do exercise ( lifting weights or riding a bike) it won't be until right before dinner or right after dinner.

So I guess the questions is there a set time that you should exercise and eat or is it relative to your sleeping habits? should I try to eat at 6pm then not eat anytime after that? I seriously need to lose a lot of body fat and I want to try to make it work around my life schedule. Any comments would be helpful.

boron
Old 05-10-2005, 04:58 PM

No offense, but people who think you gain 50 pounds just by being lazy, and can lose 100 at a shot, don't seem to have all that much of a handle on things to be giving other people recommendations. Well, maybe other out of control people.

I guess every situation has some individuality to it.