Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Playing aggressively versus scare cards

Seat 7 is solid but tends to not be able to lay down hands, seat 4 is a tad loose aggressive but not awful. Comments on all streets appreciated.

7 Card Stud High ($20/$40), Ante $2, Bring-In $5 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.85 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

5th Street - (3.93 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (7.93 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

River - (11.93 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___....
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (13.93 BB)
Old 09-22-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Playing aggressively versus scare cards

I think your opponents most likely hand here is aces up. Its kind of hard to make out what he started with. I like it all, except for maybe the raise on 6th. I just call here. I don't think your opponent is expecting you to fold, and I don't think he has lower than queens up.

As usual, I hope you won this.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:31 PM

Well played. I play it all the same given the description of villian. I will add that while I'd bet the river, I'd really really really be hoping not to get check-raised. I wonder what a river check here even costs in the long haul? Especially if there is no shot of villian paying off with any lone pair lower than queens, specifically tens.

Mike Emery
Old 09-22-2005, 12:33 PM

Fck that, I've changed my mind. The river needs to be checked behind.

P.S Beer you suck
Old 09-22-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S Beer you suck

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think anyone, including myself is willing to challenge that?
Old 09-22-2005, 01:18 PM

You very obviously have huge balls of steel. I think after 6th I just call down.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You very obviously have huge balls of steel. I think after 6th I just call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

BIG NH
Old 09-22-2005, 01:27 PM

Bart, what do you think your opponents think of you? Do they think you’re somewhat loose-aggressive? Because it’s kinda surprising you got called by two dead tens…
Old 09-22-2005, 02:01 PM

I think you played great. 6th I might take the foot off the gas cause this guy is still coming, but it makes sense to raise in case he's still drawing. My guess is aces and a 4-flush. I MAY check behind on the river though since he could be the type that bets when he might be ahead and checks when he has a cinch.

Jeff
Old 09-22-2005, 03:38 PM

Yeah I agree, the river bet is the only part I'd take back. Although even it is close.