Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Can\'t resist, #2

I'm more of a high stud player in general, so here's one of those. Maybe I should just do one of each a day...

Seat 5 was non-regular and seemed a bit loose. Does anyone just muck on 3rd rather than raising? What do you think of the check on 4th? Should I have bet 7th? Would you call if opponent bets on 7th?

Site: PartyPoker
20/40 7 Card Stud -- Hand Converter

Third Street
Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____calls_____calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____completes
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____brings-in_____folds

Fourth Street
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____checks
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____checks
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____checks

Fifth Street
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____checks_____folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____bets
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____calls

Sixth Street
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____bets
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx _____calls

River
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____checks
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx

I'm going to completely withold results on this one.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Can\'t resist, #2

I like it.
Two things make me want to raise on 3rd – spades are very dead, and queens are duplicated. I have a really hard time putting seat 2 on a hand though. 5A5 seems possible, which is partly why I like the check on 4th I guess. Also, you keep the pot small in case things turn ugly on 5th; you probably don’t have a big equity edge here, but depending on what falls on 5th this might quickly gain some.
Once seat 2 checks on 5th you have a bet.
The river is a tough spot –I really don’t know.
Oh, I’m drunk, btw.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:05 PM

I think it was played fine on your end. The only interesting street that I can see in this hand is the river. Against an unknown I kinda prefer just betting myself, but its very close and you cant go wrong with the check-call mode.

[ QUOTE ]
Would you call if opponent bets on 7th?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a "bit too loose non-regular" who's done nothing but call the whole way, Hell yes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mike Emery
Old 09-17-2005, 05:12 PM

With the super tight ante structure, I really don't see much of a reason to play this. There are overs to act behind you, you only have split nines and your kicker is shitty. Toss and wait for a better spot
Old 09-17-2005, 05:43 PM

I guess I didn't mention this in the original post, but I think this guy was probably pretty passive too. I hate when I bet the river and get called by two better pair.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:24 PM

I', m dunk. I remember when you were a stud player/

I bet roland does too. I bet bart does as well.

Mike why do you hate me? You are a sick stud player.

I bet andyb fears u asa stu d player.

Tankesd

STud forun rules.

Lstream
roland'
vintagesara
mrbaa
mikescass
bars
grb
beermoney
nappori
abdyb
docaz
loricorbett
iamastud
Old 09-17-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it.
Two things make me want to raise on 3rd – spades are very dead, and queens are duplicated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Todd Brunson did the math that showed that with two Aces up, it was more likely that one of the players has a pair of aces than if just one player has aces showing.

If course, if one play has a K up, another a Q and another a J, the odds of one of those guys having a pair is better then if the up cards are K Q Q, but you shouldnt discount it too much.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:55 PM

I would agree with mscags that I'd lean toward folding on third, but completing there is not bad. I like the check 4th, bet 5th. What were you doing if someone else bet 4th?

Checking and calling on the river is the best way to get owned by good players.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I', m dunk. I remember when you were a stud player/

I bet roland does too. I bet bart does as well.

Mike why do you hate me? You are a sick stud player.

I bet andyb fears u asa stu d player.

Tankesd

STud forun rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I dont think I've ever laughed so hard reading a post. Seriously, you just want me back at a stud table with you so I can live up to that "donater" nickname you gave me. Haven't you won enough money off of me overall, Beer? Aren't you buying a brand new house in Taiwan courtesy of my bad play? Times change, its time to find a new favorite fish. Gone are the good old days of great stud games and me nailing RichBich. Man did she like the cawk. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

fu_
Old 09-18-2005, 09:56 AM

Everyone always mention this, but doesn't mention that the pair while more common is a good deal weaker.

Wouldn't most of us advise a fold in this hand with a 9 raising, you have (Qx)Q and there is a king behind you? Especially if X is also duplicated on the table somewhere?