Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Flopped Set Runs Into Action

Just joined the table so no reads on either opponent.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero ???

I'm pretty sure the turn decision isn't even close, but maybe the size of the pot should influence my decision. What are your thoughts here? Also, comments on the other streets would be most appreciated.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Flopped Set Runs Into Action

Yes, this is a call and it isn't even close. Not enough equity here to raise your draw. Call, river your full house and profit.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call, river your Quads and profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

To original poster. You played it fine, and now the pot is so big you have to ride it out. You have enough outs to your "Fully" or better so call and if it's capped back to you call again. Then make the river an 8 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and tell them "you just felt it".
I think it should go without saying that you fold the river UI. If you get your full house and someone has the bigger full house. That's the breaks
Old 11-19-2005, 11:03 PM

Call, and fold the river UI
Old 11-19-2005, 11:09 PM

The pot so big you have to hold your nose and call.

I wonder what this hand looks like if you don't reraise the flop? I know you have a set..but with this flop, the raise, and 3 cold calls of the raise...you're not getting anyone to fold. Do you consider this a value bet?

Brian