Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 07:05 AM

Default question for the multitablers

When I was full tabling i played 8 tables with relative ease. Now that I am playing 6 max I jumped down to six tables.

My winrate is 1.35/100 over about 40K hands at 3/6 and 5/10 and even if I feel that I have been running somewhat bad I am starting to wonder if that really is the case.
could it be that I am losing a lot of value due to the fact that six tables is just to much for me to handle?

I calculated that a my winrate would have to be about 2.5/100 to equal my current earn if I cut two tables and just played four.

what are your thoughts about multitabling and winrates? where do you think the critical point for the average descent player is? has anybody done some research on this?
Old 09-03-2005, 07:25 AM

Default Re: question for the multitablers

As far as I know this is almost completely individually based. I don't see how it can't be. There are some people on this forum who swear by playing no more than one or two tables, and then there are those who 6 table (or more) and make enough for it to be more profitable than 4 or 5.

There is no question that you play better with less tables, and its pretty impressive to have a solid winrate after immediately jumping into shorthanded at that many tables. I've played 2, 4, 6, and even 8 once and I just decided that 4 was best for me for learning and profitablity. I don't feel like I'm missing anything and I'm not overstressed. That number might be 6 for you, it might not.