Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 05:23 PM

Default 10-20 hu with a set

Me and my opponent have been playing hu against each other a lot over the past week. At first I had a lot of trouble with him but recently have gotten a feel for his style. He plays pretty tight. The way to get money from him is take advantage of his loose calls, when he bets he almost always has it.

At the start of the hand my opponent has 2k and I have him covered.

I get dealt 8s8h in the big blind, my oppoent raises to 55 and i call. The flop is 8d 3s 6d. I lead out for 55 and he raises to 150 i then re raise to 450 and he calls. I took this line because in the past when we have played I would slow down when I hit something and bet it on later streets, so when i three bet it i was trying to make it look like a bluff. The Turn is 10c I lead out for 800 and he calls. This is the part that im wondering about. I bet 800 because against him i would bluff with smaller than pot size bet and i put him on reading me for a bluff. However, i obviously need to take into consideration that he has something like two pair and is trying to trap me or maybe he has a draw. I don't think he would play an overpair this way. So what do you guys think of the turn bet?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: 10-20 hu with a set

Looks like you got earned his stack with the flop 3 bet.

Fast playing the nuts is so deceptive.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: 10-20 hu with a set

[ QUOTE ]
The way to get money from him is take advantage of his loose calls, when he bets he almost always has it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget to bet the river.

Seriously, though, if not an overpair, what? He reraised you pre-lop, he raised and called your reraise on the flop and called your turn bet. Does he play 45 or 79 like this?
Does he pay this much with a flush draw, expecting to get paid off enough when it hits? The only hand that you're behind is TT which means he hit a two-outer on you. Is this how he plays TT against you?

You seem to have put a lot of effort into representing a bluff and you seem to believe that's what he's reading you for. Maybe he just wants you to bluff off your chips. Maybe he thinks he's trapping you with 66. All I know is I still like my hand a lot if I'm you.

SpaceAce