Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 11:12 PM

Default When are they Stealing My blinds????

I guess I need to take my medicine. But I am having trouble figurung out when I am getting my blinds stolen. Here is an example from a 150 multi table tourny at Poker Stars. I am in BB everyone folds to the SB blinds are 200-400 ante 25. I have K-7 off. SB raises to 800. I have 5,400 in chips he has 7000. The flop came K 10 8. He made a set of 8s and I lost my whole stack. Is there anyway to deterime when my blinds are getting stolen?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Re: When are they Stealing My blinds????

Well Its pretty obvious that this would be a good time to steal, but thats not what he tried. By only raising twice the blind he's saying that he thinks he's ahead already, or he wants to build a pot in case he hits a set on some kind of small or medium pair. Most everyone calls in this spot with anything at all when it only costs you one more bb. However, no way should you have gotten all your money in the middle with this hand. K 7 off, come on!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: When are they Stealing My blinds????

More info on villain is needed. How often is he raising? How many times has he raised your blinds? What is his standard opening raise? This kind of info will give indicators to whether he is stealing or has a real hand.