Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Loose players and post-flop play...

Every day, someone posts on here "how do I beat these loose players? They're killing me." And every day, the response is "these are the people giving away money."

That's true, of course. But to some extent, post-flop play makes up for it.

I raise MP with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the blinds call. Both are relatively unknown, though SB I recognize as a regular on the site.

Flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

They check, I bet, they call.
Turn is a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], they check, I bet and the SB, the familiar player, calls.

It's a 6-max table. No one has been getting too out of line.

I feel like in this instance, the general advice regarding an unknown player is "call down." Which may be right. But it's a situation where the loose player, the SB, knows better than we do if we have the best hand.

Generally speaking, while the loose player is your bread and butter, against an ABC player he will have a better idea where he's at post-flop.

River was a 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], he bets and I call.

ElSapo