Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: I think I\'ve worn out my welcome!

Ok buc fan the real question would be are we going to win today? go Bucs!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugly girls have lots of pretty friends. Be very nice with the ugly girls and do not use them and you will get dates with the good looking girls. Be nice to this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
My wife says ....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather just sit at home than throw a tourney

But I'd much rather dominate a tourney than sit at home [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Just play your best, get sucked out on (because that's what will happen when you try to win), and laugh about it
Old 11-13-2005, 06:26 PM

Change up your game a little. Think of this as a chance to experiemt with different strategies. The next couple of tourneys try Skalany's push/fold strategy.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:39 PM

If there's someone there who seems remotely interested in learning, teach them and have them win just so it isn't always you.

Throw a nice party for the soccer team with your winnings.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:58 PM

Feel out a few of the parents who you think would open up and talk about it. Ask if you have done anything to offend anybody and so on. Tell them your aware your winning alot but short of throwing the game ask them what you can do?

Myself, I think theres abit of sour grapes going on. To not call someone because they win, well I could understand that happening in preschool, but an adult game?

Don't throw the game, talk the problem out, ask them what they expect you to do? Sounds like it may be just a few of the parents behind this.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:14 AM

i totally agree with you David, unlike adults like these, esp at a $10 tourni to act in such a childish way. For absolutly no reason should you have to throw a tourni becuase they are jelous of your skill. If they dont want you to win, recommend them to some good books(SSH - david skalansky) and see if you can be of any help to them.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:59 AM

If you're being a "good winner", I can't imagine adults would care that you'd win their $10 once a week. I'd think most would welcome the challenge you seem to be providing them.

My guess is that you try to work on the social aspect of playing in this tourney, nobody would care if you won every week. Why do you want to play so bad if they don't seem to want you there?
Old 11-14-2005, 12:11 PM

well, when we first started playing big tournies (2 3 table) I went first, second, first the first 3. I didn't think of myself as anything great, but I'd just played a LOT more tournies than these guys. Since I was the one wanting to play tournies, and I didn't want to go back to crap wild card games, I punted the next one.

I took it as a challenge, because I wanted to punt in a convncing way. I basically dumped almost all my chips early when I had a set and I was absolutely 100% certain he'd made his flush. It did help that I was tired and wanted to go home anyway.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:27 PM

I can't imagine playing to lose ever. I'm not cutthroat competitive or anything, but the game completely loses its point if you aren't playing to win. And purposely losing just seems so....dishonest. It sticks in my craw.

I can see your delimna if this is a game you really want to play in, but I'd sooner not play in it than go and purposely lose.

Plus, I'd hate to tempt poker gods that way. It'd be fitting Karma to give a player who lost on purpose the mother of all losing streaks.

Not to mention that sooner or later you'll probalby not cash in the damn thing a buncha times in a row just naturally, no matter how soft it is.

Maybe you can push for a flatter deeper pay out, so lots of people get paid and leave happy, even if you're frequently one of em.

--Zetack
Old 11-14-2005, 03:02 PM

When my friend started playing poker, the best possible thing happned... i lost, and yes it was the best thing, losing. After that he was so confident he continued to play, givein me and the vets more money... losing is not a bad idea if your in it for the money, if your looking for fun just deal or something.