Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Partially Banned

There is one person on this forum whom I can no longer reference. Sort of like Harry Potter's "He who's name can't be spoken."

"He who's name can't be spoken" has worked behind the scenes PMing people and the mod to cause trouble. I have retaliated by posting, not behind the scenes with PMs and complaints. Mentally weak and cowardly imo.

If this person continue their behind the scenes slander it simply isn't in my upbringing to cower in a corner. With the possibility of being reduced to a lurker I'd like to say a couple things to Posters and lurkers alike.

I started playing online poker about 2 years ago. This forum has been a great source, the best source, for improving my game. Faulty posts even teach what not to do or what to look for in fish. I know most of my posts were done with humor but there was a point, even if it was to keep it light and have fun. Too much seriousness can make a game a job or chore.

There are serveral poster which I would love to meet in person. An amazing collection of personalities. I fondly remember Granny PMing me on my search for my chicken when I had just started posting.

Hopefully I don't get banned but if I do things can happen fast. I wanted to thank the friends I've made. I also want to thank those that didn't find my humor funny but either tolerated me or told me straight up what and why they don't appreciate a post(s). Yes Rkiray that includes you. (Give the newbies on ss the same patience please)

I also hope I've given something back to the forun. The importance of humor in poker is sooo underated. A laugh will stop a tilt everytime. Entertaining fish means they stay longer and start searching for you. I also have a couple posts with minor suggestions for variance. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyway until "he who's name can't be mentioned" gets his way your stuck with the "Critter Dude"
Old 02-01-2004, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Partially Banned

What are you trying to say ? Give us more info. Who is this person? Pehaps a PATTERN MAPPING EXPERT.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:40 AM

No reason for thomastem to be banned. You don't like his posts don't read them. Hear me Matt? I like thomastem. Without levity, poker and life in general would become quite unbearable. Keep it up thomastem! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you trying to say ? Give us more info. Who is this person? Pehaps a PATTERN MAPPING EXPERT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mention the name because the mod has asked me not to. I will say that in the time I've been here posters have disagreed with me. The disagreements have remained civil and some that didn't like what I said or how I said have become online friends that I hope one day cercumstances allow me to meet in person.

We have seen several posters throw down the gauntlet and speak their mind but how many, because they didn't like the joke or the flaming cried to the mod. Not mentioning any names this is the second time this person has convinced the mod I'm evil and the first time people knew who this was.

So in a round about way you can find who it is without me posting the name. Would any of you posters do this if I said that you are really Gary Coleman?
Old 02-02-2004, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No reason for thomastem to be banned. You don't like his posts don't read them. Hear me Matt? I like thomastem. Without levity, poker and life in general would become quite unbearable. Keep it up thomastem! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

David thank you. As of now I'm only not allowed to mention someone's name. As long as it's within my power (I don't own the site only my personality) I won't let one person drive me off. Not even a consideration.

I guess everyone has to watch out though because if you upset someone you could be sensored next.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:45 AM

I expect I'm in the majority here-

I very much enjoy reading thomastem's posts.

Please continue.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:28 AM

Default FREE THOMASTEM!!!

This is ridiculous - Whoever's name you can't mention obviously has some deep seated self-concious defencies.

FREE THOMASTEM from the oppressor who can't be named!!!

Old 02-02-2004, 09:17 AM

It's pretty sad and funny at the same time. First you had complaints about animal references in your threads.

Then they lock a thread because unnamed poster complains. The funny part about that vote was, out of 6000+ members it was a vote of about 50 to 40. And that was people not percentages.

Now this latest complaint. I think we should have a vote on whether to censer the unnamed person.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:08 AM

I just received a PM from the mod that if more than this 1 person had complained I would have been immidiately barred and that I need to drop the issue.

I will drop the issue and lurk. If my PM privelages get taken I will get my e-mail into all Tournament Directors and hope that I still get invites.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:19 AM

why not just sign up under another name
Closed Thread