Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 02:00 AM

Default 3/6 Stud Hi, Value bet this river?

Pulled this one out from a while ago. From what I can recall villain doesn't do too much out of line. Do you value bet this river?

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street

Seat 0: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings in___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Old 12-02-2005, 07:24 AM

Default Re: 3/6 Stud Hi, Value bet this river?

I wouldn’t. I don’t think there’s any hand he can call with that you beat, apart from smaller two pairs; and he probably folds that (which means you should have bet the river if you didn’t catch the second pair…).
Old 12-03-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Stud Hi, Value bet this river?

Your hand on third street is utter garbage and you have the whole field yet to act. That said, you're looking at a lot of weak, dead cards, and I would be sorely tempted to go for the ante steal. You got a couple of calls, which suggests that this was a loose game, so it probably wasn't worth trying.

Fourth and fifth are fine. When the other guy calls your open Queens, it suggests that he might have something. When he then pairs his door card, it should give you pause. I would lean towards checking sixth. When he fails to raise sixth, though, it makes me think that your hand is good. I would guess that he'll call with a worse two pair about often enough to make it worthwhile, but checking is just fine.